Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Quintin Tarintino Films

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Fjm2c
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Fjm2c

Quintin Tarintino Films - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Quintin Tarintino Films   Quintin Tarintino Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:36 pm

I enjoyed From Dusk Till Dawn, a good Tarantino-Rodriguez collaboration.

What did everyone think of the scripts that Tarantino sold (i.e. True Romance and Natural Born Killers)?
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: Quintin Tarintino Films   Quintin Tarintino Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm

Fjm2c wrote:
I enjoyed From Dusk Till Dawn, a good Tarantino-Rodriguez collaboration.

What did everyone think of the scripts that Tarantino sold (i.e. True Romance and Natural Born Killers)?

Two of my favorite movies of all time. Natural Born Killers more than True Romance. He also wrote the screenplay to Crimson Tide, but was uncredited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Fjm2c
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Fjm2c

PostSubject: Re: Quintin Tarintino Films   Quintin Tarintino Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Tarantino seems to do a lot of dialogue help for friends. He also helped Eli Roth on Hostel I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quintin Tarintino Films   Quintin Tarintino Films - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm

I think IB is brilliant in some ways, but not as good as Pulp Fiction or Resevoir Dogs.

In his earlier works Tarrantino did a better job of amazing you with how he was able to weave different storylines together and make them all fit in a way you didn't see coming. Second was the dialogue, then his characters overall.

IB had typical Tarrantino characters and dialogue but there was no sense of holy shit he managed to bring all of it together in the end.

On the other hand I enjoy this one on another level. I think it is cathartic in it's own ways, visting horrors on the Nazi's who were responsible for horrors themselves. Tarrantino keeps this very graphic, which I think is the way it should be done. The IB's are obviously psycho-paths, and Tarrantino shows this side of the characters as well (I'd give some examples, but the one that really stands out to me would be a spoiler.).

I also thought that it was some of the best cinematography I've seen in his films.

All in all good, but no Pulp Fiction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quintin Tarintino Films   Quintin Tarintino Films - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quintin Tarintino Films

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Entertainment -