Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Musical goals (at the moment)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

Musical goals (at the moment) Vide
PostSubject: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Discuss what you're learning and aiming to achieve.

Right now i'm mostly focused on chord progressions and soloing in between different chord sequences which is pretty tough.

I'm also trying to learn the song Concerto by Cacophony (yeah I know) and it's fucking difficult. I've been tearing it apart and learning parts slowly until they're full speed. I'm doing pretty well actually. I've got a tough bit up to full pace and it kills my fingers but it's pretty awesome. Very difficult though because i'm using strict alternate picking as I always do instead of economy picking which is what everyone else uses.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:15 pm

To become a more competant guitarist, seeing as I'm now playing lead guitar in my band.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Bidley wrote:
To become a more competant guitarist, seeing as I'm now playing lead guitar in my band.

Heard about that. Sorry to hear about the loss. But perhaps you have now taken your rightful place as guitarist? Good luck man. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:19 pm

I still need to finish learning "Race Wish" at some point. Otherwise, its mainly my sweeping I want to work on. I got a few practice songs i'm using, and when im happy with that I may try to learn that opening riff for "Symphony On Wings"
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Bidley wrote:

Why?
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:41 pm

To write a good song.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Nautilus wrote:
To write a good song.

Keep trying Razz
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:56 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Heard about that. Sorry to hear about the loss. But perhaps you have now taken your rightful place as guitarist? Good luck man. Smile

Cheers dude. It's not a massive loss, I mean, we were good buds and all, but we're still at an early enough stage to switch things around and take our time. Which we'll have to, as bassists are like fucking gold dust. But yeah, I'm happy to be back on guitar Very Happy

Monkzum wrote:
Why?

Erm.... because our lead guitarist left?
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Bidley wrote:
AarO)))n wrote:

Cheers dude. It's not a massive loss, I mean, we were good buds and all, but we're still at an early enough stage to switch things around and take our time. Which we'll have to, as bassists are like fucking gold dust. But yeah, I'm happy to be back on guitar Very Happy

Monkzum wrote:
Why?

Erm.... because our lead guitarist left?

Oh right, Aaron said he was sorry about what he heard so I assumed he'd died or something rabbit
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Monkzum wrote:
Oh right, Aaron said he was sorry about what he heard so I assumed he'd died or something rabbit

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Bidley wrote:
bassists are like fucking gold dust.
What do you mean by that? You can't find one?
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:33 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:

Finding a good bassist is next to impossible. 90% of bassists tend to be terrible guitarists who switched to play bass instead.
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:41 pm

to find a song that I actually want to play
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Finding a good bassist is next to impossible. 90% of bassists tend to be terrible guitarists who switched to play bass instead.

Even finding a competant one is a nightmare, especially with me living relatively in the sticks.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Sounds about like me Embarassed
Though I was good enough to play for my high school, both in the jazz band and the marching band (in the pit). On the other hand, I also knew several bassists in high school ranging from decent to quite good. I'm surprised there are so few where you live.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Rosalind wrote:

Lol, stereotype, anyone? Razz
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Bidley wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Lol, stereotype, anyone? Razz

Here's one. Your countries lack of cool black guys will make it harder to find a great bassist. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:02 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Here's one. Your countries lack of cool black guys will make it harder to find a great bassist. Razz

lol!

You say that, but there are very few black guys in my area too.... Coincidence?
Back to top Go down
truewalrus
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
truewalrus

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Play Symphony X - Inferno without having to keep catching up after my timing goes off on the stupid mini solos in between everything. Damned Michael Romeo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/truewalrus
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 am

To be much less sloppy, so I'm not embarrassed to play in front of people.
One of my new housemates is a pretty decent guitarist, so I might get him to teach me a bit.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:55 am

My musical goal? Fetch my guitar the next time I go home for the weekend Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 am

Ziegenbartami wrote:

Just buy another Razz

I have A Cort G250 at my parents and a Schecter She-Devil with me here bounce
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:11 am

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:

Just buy another Razz

I have A Cort G250 at my parents and a Schecter She-Devil with me here bounce
Yeah, cuz I, an unemployed college student, have a couple hundred bucks just lying around to buy another guitar tongue
Back to top Go down
Pastor of Muppets
On Parole
On Parole
Pastor of Muppets

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:14 am

Rosalind wrote:

This is very true. That 90% may seem decent by themselves, but when you put them with a whole band, they have no idea what they are doing. Most of the time they just follow the guitars (laaaaaaaammmme) and they have no coordination with the drummer (even more laaaaaaaaammmme).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musical goals (at the moment)   Musical goals (at the moment) Empty

Back to top Go down

Musical goals (at the moment)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: Music :: The Musician's Corner -