Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Arab-Israeli conflict

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

Arab-Israeli conflict Vide
PostSubject: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Okay let's ruffle some feathers.

Arab-Israeli conflict Jewsinpalestine
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Fuck no.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:38 pm

^^^^THIS!!!! Was done in the FB Lifer and got ugly quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 pm

^^ This. Come on Geoff, at least you could've waited until the religious one ended tongue , dont want me another arab/israeli debate for sure lol.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Oh come on guys this debate is much more interesting than the retarded religious one.

Check this out, I'm interested to debate this. Benjamin Netanyahu recently said Israel will not negotiate with the Palestinians unless they recognize Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1116650.html

Should recognition be a precondition for withdrawal?
Back to top Go down
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:43 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Oh come on guys this debate is much more interesting than the retarded religious one.

Check this out, I'm interested to debate this. Benjamin Netanyahu recently said Israel will not negotiate with the Palestinians unless they recognize Israel as the nation-state of the Jewish people.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1116650.html

Should recognition be a precondition for withdrawal?

I'll tell you what, I'll have a (read:light) discussion with you about this Very Happy, without resolving to the past or origins, lets more talk of the present.

Recognizing Israel is simple, I mean, they go on national tv and say it ffs, is that seriously the reason for them staying to this day ? nah, even if they did, Israel wont withdraw, I say.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:04 pm

I all it takes is recognizing them for peace. Then why not? But saying things like, "Even if they did they would leave." is the problem in a nut shell. What would it cost the Arab people by simply doing it? Pride is second only to religion(for both sides) in getting in the way of peace.

This is all I am going to say about this and will not post again in this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:46 am

*braces for epic shitstorm*
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 am

Neither, if people are too stubborn and retarded to not share land that is apparently 'holy' then neither of them should own it. It should be seperately owned until the idiots realise that perhaps killing each other is wrong. There are atrocities on both sides, neither are innocent or even worthy of owning the land. Why can't people just have their land and live in it, why fight over it.

Oh wait yes I know....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Monkzum wrote:
Neither, if people are too stubborn and retarded to not share land that is apparently 'holy' then neither of them should own it. It should be seperately owned until the idiots realise that perhaps killing each other is wrong. There are atrocities on both sides, neither are innocent or even worthy of owning the land. Why can't people just have their land and live in it, why fight over it.

Oh wait yes I know....

Spoiler:

People put too much emphasis on religion, sure it's a big part but not the whole thing. If Theodore Herzel got the British government to give him Uganda like he originally wanted, I think there would be just as much conflict there.
Back to top Go down
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Monkzum wrote:

Oh wait yes I know....

Spoiler:

People put too much emphasis on religion, sure it's a big part but not the whole thing. If Theodore Herzel got the British government to give him Uganda like he originally wanted, I think there would be just as much conflict there.

This. Everyone talking about religion, would think otherwise if their country was the one occupied. And why would you think the Palestinians would prolong their suffering, for god ? hell no. They're sure god would punish whoever is wrong in this situation, but it's because they cant find a decent deal with Israel that would still gurantee their rights.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Okay time to bump this.

I'm very troubled by a recent Knesset bill that seems to make peace with Syria and Palestinians very difficult. This bill would make it so that any territorial cessions would have to pass a majority vote in the Knesset. Israel has so many whack job right wing parties that I highly doubt any vote like this would get a majority. If this law was in place in the 1970s I don't think Israel would have ever given back the Sinai to Egypt for example. I really hope this doesn't become law.
Back to top Go down
The_Accolade
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The_Accolade

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:02 pm

They should just make another version of Vatican City, It probably would work but that's what I would try to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ftmband.com/
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:31 pm

The problem is who would control it though. The original UN plan in 1947 would have made Jerusalem a UN administered city, which I think could work.
Back to top Go down
The_Accolade
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The_Accolade

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Thatt's actually what I had in mind, although I feel like fighting would break out once, then hopefully the UN would step up and set an example to not start fighting again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ftmband.com/
Silchias Ruin
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Silchias Ruin

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:04 pm

I just finished a class on Middle Eastern politics, we watched a lot of videos, this may have started out as a religuos issue, but I think religion takes a back seat when you are looking down at caskets with your family and friends in them. Not to negate the religous fanatics, but its an important part of the mix. Really if you come from a western country it is hard to wrap your head around how different the middle east is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arab-Israeli conflict   Arab-Israeli conflict Empty

Back to top Go down

Arab-Israeli conflict

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Debater's Den -