Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:35 am

Anyone got it? Anyone getting it? I'm planning on getting it at some point, apparently it makes your PC run better in general, which can't be bad considering I'm running on the memory-hog that is Vista.

And please, can we get some discussion on this before the Mac vs PC argument rears it's ugly head.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:52 am

Getting it in some time, when i get the money for it.
Back to top Go down
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:01 am

Oh fuck I thought it'd be out by the end of this year. Hope they sorted out vista's fuck ups.
Back to top Go down
Foreign Policy
On Parole
On Parole
Foreign Policy

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:13 am

Mostafa wrote:
Oh fuck I thought it'd be out by the end of this year. Hope they sorted out vista's fuck ups.

I have vista 64 bit and I have no problems whats so ever

Last edited by Foreign Policy on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:18 am

Im gonna go ahead and make three predictions:

1) It's gonna suck RAM like a fat prostitute.
2) It's gonna have so many bugs and issues that will render it next to unuseable for the next 3 months.
3) The Mac crowd are gonna bitch we should have spent triple the money and gotten an idiot-proof version of the same thing.

Anyone else notice the similarities? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:08 am

Bidley wrote:
And please, can we get some discussion on this before the Mac vs PC argument rears it's ugly head.

That didn't last long...
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 am

I don't give a shit how unstable Windows becomes. I will NEVER own a fucking Mac.

I just remedy the Vista problems by not running Vista. I still run Windows XP Pro.
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:37 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:02 am

Man they should stop making those ads I don't know if they make people buy their product, but it certainly increase the hating.
I'm getting a macbook 13" when i get the time to buy one (mostly because I don't like the physical features on other laptops, i.e the mouse pad). I'm hate people who think that they are better because they own a certain type of computer, they are full of shit (mostly macfags are like this, but this goes for pc users aswell) and pc users who hates the product even though they actully hate the users. It's a fucking product like a car or a piece of meat. The price is properly too high, but if people wants to spend their money on it, let them it's their choice. People seem to argue about this like it's a religious matter or something...it's just a computer for me.

/thread
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:16 am

Peter wrote:
Man they should stop making those ads I don't know if they make people buy their product, but it certainly increase the hating.
I'm getting a macbook 13" when i get the time to buy one (mostly because I don't like the physical features on other laptops, i.e the mouse pad). I'm hate people who think that they are better because they own a certain type of computer, they are full of shit (mostly macfags are like this, but this goes for pc users aswell) and pc users who hates the product even though they actully hate the users. It's a fucking product like a car or a piece of meat. The price is properly too high, but if people wants to spend their money on it, let them it's their choice. People seem to argue about this like it's a religious matter or something...it's just a computer for me.

/thread

The ads are just for fun. But I agree with what you say. Pc vs Mac is like Chevy vs Ford. They are both quality product and will get one what you need to get done. I really does just come down to a matter of preference. I myself have had two PC's and now have a Mac. The two PC's I owned I had problems with ALL the time. With this Mac I have never had a problem(knocks on wood, crosses finger,throws salt over shoulder Razz). It really does come down to what you like and nothing more. To think you are better for owning one is folly. Unless you are Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. Then you have every right to brag about the computer(company) you own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:43 am

AarO)))n wrote:
Peter wrote:

/thread

The ads are just for fun. But I agree with what you say. Pc vs Mac is like Chevy vs Ford. They are both quality product and will get one what you need to get done. I really does just come down to a matter of preference. I myself have had two PC's and now have a Mac. The two PC's I owned I had problems with ALL the time. With this Mac I have never had a problem(knocks on wood, crosses finger,throws salt over shoulder Razz). It really does come down to what you like and nothing more. To think you are better for owning one is folly. Unless you are Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. Then you have every right to brag about the computer(company) you own.

Windows 7 Piss_on_ford
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:03 pm

If you want to argue about Macs and PCs, then make a thread for it. This thread is entitled "Windows 7", because funnily enough I hoping for discussion about Windows 7, because at some point I'll probably buy it.

It's been said on various sites Windows 7 is just a less buggy version of Vista with less of a drain on your performance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=106237
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Bidley wrote:
If you want to argue about Macs and PCs, then make a thread for it. This thread is entitled "Windows 7", because funnily enough I hoping for discussion about Windows 7, because at some point I'll probably buy it.

It's been said on various sites Windows 7 is just a less buggy version of Vista with less of a drain on your performance.

Chill dude hahaha. The thing is, most of us probably haven't even seen much of it let alone gotten to take it for a test drive. And, if I had to venture a guess, what you hear is probably spot on. They probably just took Vista and re-worked the shit out of it while still managing to leave some problems.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Bidley wrote:

Wise words from a wise man Very Happy . But my friends says good things about it and it looks better than vista with less bugs and doesn't take up as much space on your harddrive and makes your computer faster, but then again vista can be compared to a fall....they got foward, but not in a good way.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:10 pm

My only issues with Vista are the little bugs, (the few) compatability issues and the way it slows your PC (though my PC is fairly decent spec) - all of these are apparently sorted, which sounds great to me.

I agree though, Vista was a leap too far.
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:56 pm

Bidley wrote:
My only issues with Vista are the little bugs, (the few) compatability issues and the way it slows your PC (though my PC is fairly decent spec) - all of these are apparently sorted, which sounds great to me.

I agree though, Vista was a leap too far.

It's not that they lept too far, it's that they took the jump before properly judging the distance and such. If they wouldn't worry so much about ad campaigns and getting a new product out there and worried more about designing an OS to be flawless, there's no doubt in my mind that they could accomplish it.
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Whenever people complain about Vista, they always seem to forget that XP, for the first three years of its existence, was just as, if not more buggy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:12 pm

Foreign Policy wrote:
Mostafa wrote:

It slows the pc like hell.

I too run windows XP, John, the best version of windows IMO.
Back to top Go down
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:43 pm

I believe you can download a beta version from Microsoft's website. That's the best way to try it, without risking wasting money.

I've heard Windows 7 is designed to improve the running of your system, instead of hogging RAM to make everything look good.

I'm going to stick with XP Media Centre Edition for now, 'cos all the glitches have been sorted out etc.
Saying that, my computer did blue screen last night (probably 'cos of the websites I was on, not fault with the OS). Lost about 10GB of music and all my documents (including some photos from the summer that are now lost for ever). Crying or Very sad Luckily most of my music was on my external.
Back to top Go down
Foreign Policy
On Parole
On Parole
Foreign Policy

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Mostafa wrote:
Foreign Policy wrote:
Mostafa wrote:

It slows the pc like hell.

I too run windows XP, John, the best version of windows IMO.

Well I got 6 gigs of ram my comp is fast as fuck thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Thrashmaniac
On Parole
On Parole
Thrashmaniac

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:58 pm

I'll probably try it out when I get around to buying a new computer.
Back to top Go down
LeeRain
On Parole
On Parole

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:54 am

I thought it'd be out by the end of this year. Hope they sorted out vista's fuck ups.

business opportunity
port royal naples
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7   Windows 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -