Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

The Occult, Esoterica, ect.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Kwartin
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Kwartin

The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 7:17 pm

The Thrasher wrote:
I saw a pretty interesting documentary the other day about life on Mars. It showed several reasons why there could be life on Mars but they couldn't confirm it.

Any thoughts?

I thought they found stuff on Mars? Some sort of trace of bacteria or plankton or something? Maybe it was something else.

AarO)))n wrote:
To Carl. Because I am to dumb to figure out how to do all the quoting.

Aaron: To do multiple quotes, push the little speech bubbles under the subject box.
There's your four text things, bold, italics, underline and strike out, then there's the four positioning things, then three list ones, and the next set of three, the quote is the first one.

In other words, the 12th button. Just click it and it'll open up a quote box, click it again to close it. :3
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Kwartin wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:
I saw a pretty interesting documentary the other day about life on Mars. It showed several reasons why there could be life on Mars but they couldn't confirm it.

Any thoughts?

I thought they found stuff on Mars? Some sort of trace of bacteria or plankton or something? Maybe it was something else.

AarO)))n wrote:

Aaron: To do multiple quotes, push the little speech bubbles under the subject box.
There's your four text things, bold, italics, underline and strike out, then there's the four positioning things, then three list ones, and the next set of three, the quote is the first one.

In other words, the 12th button. Just click it and it'll open up a quote box, click it again to close it. :3

Thank you. Smile I have a feeling i am going to need it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:40 pm

[quote="Bidley"]
Quote :
I was being ironic with the lol's. I'm telling you how mad I'm not because I know you'll continue to tell me I'm mad.

Funny. Since you were the first to say whether you were mad or not. In fact only until you brought it up did I say anything.

Quote :
This has nothing to do with my beliefs or your beliefs.

My debate with Alex definitely had to do with beliefs. Mine are different from his and I debated him about it. But I never got the sense from him that I was being condescending. In fact I think he took very little offense to what I said. I simply found fault with what he said and let him know.

Quote :
I'm an agnostic, I don't have any beliefs of my own. I just have an issue with fanatics (to whatever degree, fanatic is a strong word), religious or atheist.
So is sounds like you debated against my beliefs with your ideals and the chip on your shoulder?

Quote :
If you didn't mean to be condescending or arrogant, then fine, but that is most definitely how you came off, to me anyway.

Then I am sorry if that is how you saw it. It was never my intent. Blunt, yes. Though I think that is well know about me. Or at least is now.

Quote :
I'm not saying everyone should believe what I do (or don't, as the case may be), not in a million years. I'm just saying don't be a dick about it, to be succinct.

Was not trying to be a dick. I also feel the same as you. I am not trying to make Alex believe anything. Just stating my stance on the issue. No matter how well known.

Quote :
EDIT: And the PM recs? I don't think I'll bother, I don't think you'll like a lot of what I'll throw at you. I've gotten over that Razz

Sorry to hear that. Though can't say I am surprised. If you ever want more Stoner recommendation, please let me know. Always happy to help.

One last thing though. I think it funny that you constantly said how I was the one presuming things. Yet everything you posted was chalk full of presumption. Whether how I meant for my post to be taken by Alex, or how upset I was going to say you were. Also presuming I am some atheist, or that I was lying in wait for Alex to post something to pounce on him the moment he did. None of this is true. I would not call myself an atheist. To be honest I really hope there is a god. Though I may have my doubts, I still hope it is true. For the very reason I stated to Alex. My fear of death. My "shoulder chip" as you say, has little to do with peoples spirituality and more to do with dogmatic religion. This is why I can separate god from religion. One does not need the other to exist. I was not meaning to attack Alex's beliefs but his answer. An answer that I find is not one at all. You say not to presume. Well I say don't assume. It make an ass out of u and me. No hard feelings though, and I mean that. Not just saying it to be an asshole. I think I have already achieved that status.
Back to top Go down
Kwartin
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Kwartin

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Kwartin wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:

Any thoughts?

AarO)))n wrote:

Thank you. Smile I have a feeling i am going to need it Twisted Evil

Haha, no problem. xP
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:46 pm

AarO)))n wrote:

My debate with Alex definitely had to do with beliefs. Mine are different from his and I debated him about it. But I never got the sense from him that I was being condescending. In fact I think he took very little offense to what I said. I simply found fault with what he said and let him know.

NO, YOU HURT MY FEELINGS -cry- Razz

Quote :
Sorry to hear that. Though can't say I am surprised. If you ever want more Stoner recommendation, please let me know. Always happy to help.

One last thing though. I think it funny that you constantly said how I was the one presuming things. Yet everything you posted was chalk full of presumption. Whether how I meant for my post to be taken by Alex, or how upset I was going to say you were. Also presuming I am some atheist, or that I was lying in wait for Alex to post something to pounce on him the moment he did. None of this is true. I would not call myself an atheist. To be honest I really hope there is a god. Though I may have my doubts, I still hope it is true. For the very reason I stated to Alex. My fear of death. My "shoulder chip" as you say, has little to do with peoples spirituality and more to do with dogmatic religion. This is why I can separate god from religion. One does not need the other to exist. I was not meaning to attack Alex's beliefs but his answer. An answer that I find is not one at all. You say not to presume. Well I say don't assume. It make an ass out of u and me. No hard feelings though, and I mean that. Not just saying it to be an asshole. I think I have already achieved that status.

That's very true. I mean, debates like this usually solve nothing. Nobody's opinion is changed, it's just a bunch of anger thrown back and forth. I'm glad actually, we were able to hold it in a civilized manner. I wasn't offended at all, and in a lot of cases I very much agree with you. I am a Christian, but am very anti-Christian as well. You know what I mean.

And hey, like... if you ever wanna talk about this sort of thing or debate it again, I really don't mind. Let me know, d00der!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Nautilus wrote:

And hey, like... if you ever wanna talk about this sort of thing or debate it again, I really don't mind. Let me know, d00der!

Thank you Alex Smile Though I think I will try and stay away from talk of religion for awhile. As you said, it never really solves anything and can lead to more bad than good.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 am

AarO)))n wrote:

I wasn't referring to the debate between you and Alex, I was referring to ours.

Quote :
So is sounds like you debated against my beliefs

Like I said, I never questioned your beliefs, that isn't the point at all.

Quote :
Was not trying to be a dick.

That's what I was hoping, but that's how it sounded. I copy now.

Just to reiterate for the umpteenth time, I never questioned anyone's beliefs, but the way they are conducted. I understand now, but you must understand that from where I'm sitting I was right to have a go. Anyway, I'm not going to prolong this any longer, like you said, arguing about this bollocks brings more bad than good - but at least you know my stance and I know yours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
So, I figured I'd start a topic on this. This is pretty much a topic for all the weird stuff that inevitably gets brought up when I'm around. So, if you want to know about a particular Occult school of thought, or argue about the nature of UFOs, or whatever else you might want to discuss along these lines should be posted in here. I don't really have anything to start with, so I guess I'll just wait for someone else to make the first move.

I'am a faithful person as you may know; But I've wanted to learn more about other cultures do you have any brief notes on the history of paganism ? is it the same as shamanism ?
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Paganism tends to refer to any polytheistic religion. Shamanism refers to very specific practices that are primarily found in Siberia. The best work on Shamanism out there is probably Mircea Eliade's Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 pm

On a different note... Here is what is known as the Emerald Tablet. It is purported to be the earliest writing bestowed upon Man and contains the secrets of the universe. It is one of the key texts of Hermeticism and formed the foundation of alchemy.

1. Tis true without lying, certain most true.
2. That which is below is like that which is above that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing.
3. And as all things have been arose from one by the mediation of one: so all things have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
4. The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
5. the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nurse.
6. The father of all perfection in the whole world is here.
7. Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
7a. Separate thou the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross sweetly with great industry.
8. It ascends from the earth to the heaven again it descends to the earth and receives the force of things superior and inferior.
9. By this means ye shall have the glory of the whole world thereby all obscurity shall fly from you.
10. Its force is above all force. for it vanquishes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid thing.
11a. So was the world created.
12. From this are and do come admirable adaptations whereof the means (Or process) is here in this.
13. Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world.
14. That which I have said of the operation of the Sun is accomplished and ended.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Is this proof of alien life?
http://www.oikotie.fi/aptinfo?exit=pop_up_pic&id=1844913&type=apartment&picname=48092855.JPG
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:30 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
http://www.oikotie.fi/aptinfo?exit=pop_up_pic&id=1844913&type=apartment&picname=48092855.JPG
Shocked

Is this?
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Rosalind wrote:
AarO)))n wrote:
Shocked

Is this?

Not sure. But it may explain where that hand came from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Occult, Esoterica, ect.   The Occult, Esoterica, ect. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Occult, Esoterica, ect.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Debater's Den -