Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Review: Operation Mindcrime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SlayerMaiden666
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
SlayerMaiden666

Review: Operation Mindcrime Vide
PostSubject: Review: Operation Mindcrime   Review: Operation Mindcrime EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 8:17 am

Album: Operation Mindcrime

Reviewer: Mark Mann

5/5

If you where to ask me what's your favorite Queensryche album, I would defiantly say Operation Mindcrime mainly because on this album there is no bad tracks there are only good tracks. It may be hard to believe if you've never heard the album but TRUST ME if you are a fan of progressive metal you WILL love Operation Mindcrime and if you don't love Operation Mindcrime and clam you love progressive metal well then I've got news for you, you don't like prog. You're now probably asking yourself How does Not liking Operation Mindcrime make you not like prog? because this album is one of the albums that symbolizes Progressive metal the most

Now on to the tracks

I Remember Now/Anarchy-X/Revolution Calling: This track is The opening to the whole story of operation mindcrime. You MUST listen to this song in this order or you'll fail to understand and enjoy the song/ what it is to me it's what Nikki pretty much would do anything for price except pull the trigger (He would need a pretty damn good price to do that). it's also how he thinks that america has been corrupted and says there is a revolution calling.

Operation Mindcrime (the song): This song pretty much also opens the story up to the underground revolution (Known as Operation: Mindcrime). They are now introducing how Nikki became a hit man for the order. They pretty much know he won't refuse and thus the begining of Operation: Mindcrime. The song it's self is one of the best songs on the album from the the way Geoff sings Operation Mindcrime to the awesome guitar work.

Speak: as much that I love this song I don't really know what it has to do with the story besides that they're speaking about they're thoughts on god and the government and all that shit.The instruments and vocals pretty much make the song, The Lyrics just introduce what's going on in the mind of Nikki and what he thinks about the rich and how the control everything. Great song but they could of worked on the lyrics a little bit better.

Spreading the Disease: This song pretty much introduces Sister Mary in the first half and then talks about the corruption of america (according to the story) in the second half. they talk about the disease which I believe means the so called truth about the rich and america as a corrupted country (in the story of course). the first and second half are connected by an awesome solo which didn't blow my mind but the rest of the song did. what I love most about the song is the way Geoff Tate sings the lyrics "Spreading the Disease, everybody needs but no one wants to see.

The Mission: This song is what I think what Nikki thinks about his Mission and thinks that it will make him a legend. starts out going to church and confessing his sins to the holy father the song is awesome just like the rest of the album I personally love the orchestral effects and the guitar works very well with it.

Suite Sister Mary: This is a 10 minute epic song probably the best on the album (in my opinion). there's a duet, an awesome solo and awesome orchestral effects especially the opera singers what I love about the song is the riff after Nikki Speaks his mission to mary and told her that he killed the priest. the song starts out with Nikki standing in the rain for two hours and then sister mary asks him "what are you doing out in the rain" and she expects him. Nikki also finds out in this song that they were being used like rats in experiments. the song itself is close to perfect awesome riff, awesome drums, awesome bass, amazing vocals and a out of this world epic feel it's just an epic song.

The Needle Lies: To me the needle is Dr. X and how he lied to Nikki. Nikki was pretty much used as a tool and can't forget the words of Dr. X, "You'll never get away" which pretty much haunts him. The song is just like the other songs on the album fucking awesome but what really makes this song is the drum intro and the vocals.

Electric Requiem: not really a song but more like a part of the story when Nikki finds out that someone Killed Mary good solo but I would not consider this a song on this albums though.

Breaking the Silence: this track is pretty much Nikki's reaction to Mary's death. The song it's self is the weakest song on the album but still good. Nikki is pretty much an outlaw now and is blamed for the death of mary and is currently running from the law but his hate always gives him away. He pretty much wants to forget it all but can't. the solo is this song is pretty damn good it's like a guitar solo duet but shorter. I really like how in the end how the guitar goes with the vocals and opens up to the next song

I Don't Believe In Love/ Waiting for 22/My Empty Room: This is probably the most popular song on the album. the song is pretty much how Nikki's heart is broken and how he is being blamed for Mary's murder. to me it's about that When he just finally found love (mary) it got murdered and now he clams that he has never believed in love and he never will (but he has he just won't admit it) don't be fooled that I don't Believe in Love, Waiting for 22 and My Empty Room are different songs they are he same song, The same epic song.

Eyes of a Stranger: Now he's in jail remembering the memories and looking into the eyes of a stranger. The song is an end of an epic album only to be continued 18 years later. The song is sad because the ending is sad because even though he killed the priest he never killed mary. the song ends in a weird fashion (awesome but weird). the song its self is a pretty sad song which is what they were going for and it does a good job of it too.

This album is a classic and should be noticed as one. I personally think that this album should take the title of one of the best albums of the 80's because it is one of the best albums of the 80's. If Queensryche didn't fuck up there career I think they would of been known as one of the best metal acts of all time and that's saying a lot. As I said every song is an awesome experience that every person should hear
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: Review: Operation Mindcrime   Review: Operation Mindcrime EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:58 pm

Track by tack review Sad
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Review: Operation Mindcrime   Review: Operation Mindcrime EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 6:01 am

son_ov_hades wrote:
Track by tack review Sad

I've already commented on this over FB, along with first paragraph of your first review, calling people posers isn't the best tactic Razz (though now he's changed it to just telling prog fans cant be prog fans without liking this album, which isn't a lot better imo).
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Operation Mindcrime   Review: Operation Mindcrime Empty

Back to top Go down

Review: Operation Mindcrime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Writer's Den -