On Parole

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Mostafa wrote:
AarO)))n wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:
Yasmin wrote:
What does CV mean?

lol!
I'm guessing you haven't entered the world of full-time work then? (Not that I have either).

American's call it a resume. I think that may be where the confusion comes from.

Yanks. tongue

I was wondering really what that spelled like -resume- but isnt it pronounced different from resume as in resume something after stopping, know what I mean?

Haha, you can definitely call it a yank thing ;P

I guess this isn't the place for it but I recently got a great job working for a consulting company which turns into a full-time position once I graduate with benefits and some sweet-ass perks. Of course, I worked really hard to get to this point and dealt with some really shitty jobs to put money in my pocket on the way so I definitely feel your pain.
Back to top Go down
ThePitGoddess
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 am

A resume is a job history. A CV is a little more indepth. And usually reserved for academia.

At least in le states.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:38 am

I quit. I had my first full fledged eight hours of uninterrupted sleep (and then some) in almost a month last night. Unemployment never felt so liberating.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:26 am

Rosalind wrote:
I quit. I had my first full fledged eight hours of uninterrupted sleep (and then some) in almost a month last night. Unemployment never felt so liberating.

*Likes* Cheers
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Im drunk and its all the barmaids fault. Yes Gideon, if this is less than three hours old you can talk to me (he only talks to me drunk as apparently im nicer this way apparently). I mean, she didn't exactly force feed me drink or anything...well she once came around with a shot for us but I mean not serious drinking. The truth is I didn't want another pint but if it meant 20 seconds staring at her (chest) then id gladly pay for it. 1.50 a pint too (I miss student bars), and when someone spilt my pint, not only was there an excuse to return but a reason to watch her bend over and mop it up. I made her get me another can of beer from the fridge twice just so I could see her bend over, and when I found out they sold creme eggs, well that was me going up every 10mins. We got talking, I got her number, and then found out she was born in '93. She's fucking 18. And barely that. And now I feel like a dirty old man. FML.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Im drunk and its all the barmaids fault. Yes Gideon, if this is less than three hours old you can talk to me (he only talks to me drunk as apparently im nicer this way apparently). I mean, she didn't exactly force feed me drink or anything...well she once came around with a shot for us but I mean not serious drinking. The truth is I didn't want another pint but if it meant 20 seconds staring at her (chest) then id gladly pay for it. 1.50 a pint too (I miss student bars), and when someone spilt my pint, not only was there an excuse to return but a reason to watch her bend over and mop it up. I made her get me another can of beer from the fridge twice just so I could see her bend over, and when I found out they sold creme eggs, well that was me going up every 10mins. We got talking, I got her number, and then found out she was born in '93. She's fucking 18. And barely that. And now I feel like a dirty old man. FML.

If she was born in '93 she 17 max, also 3-4 years age difference isn't that bad is it ?
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 am

Must have been '92 then, she wouldn't be allowed to pour pints otherwise. I can't describe it other than they feel "too young."
Back to top Go down
Thrashmaniac
On Parole
On Parole

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:49 pm

3 years isn't too bad
Back to top Go down
LeeRain
On Parole
On Parole

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:55 am

I was wondering really what that spelled like -resume- but isnt it pronounced different from resume as in resume something after stopping, know what I mean?

business opportunity
port royal naples
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "FML" thread   

Back to top Go down

The "FML" thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -