Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Phobias - What are yours if you have any.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

Phobias - What are yours if you have any. Vide
PostSubject: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Title pretty much explains the topic.

I think I have 2. The main one is metal that gets heated, like stoves and irons - If you'd ask me to touch a unplugged cold iron I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. Also breaking my teeth, e.g the scene in American History X where Edward Norton kicks the black guy in the head while he is bitting the curb is really fucking uncomfortable to watch.

Fucking cool phobia: Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Spiders. They freak me the fuck out pale
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 pm

I actually don't think I have any...
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:34 am

Arachnophobia.
Claustrophobia.
Acrophobia.
Ithyphallophobia. Razz
Back to top Go down
Yasmin
On Parole
On Parole

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:09 am

I'm a huge pussy when it comes to heights and bugs. Spiders to a lesser extent, but not so much.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 am

Abominog wrote:
Ithyphallophobia. Razz

I lol'd
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:59 pm

I have a slight fear of heights and slight to moderate fear of social situations.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 am

Spiders, heights and slight fear of open spaces.
Back to top Go down
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 am

I fear any living thing that moves; from spiders to horses, my friends actually scare the shit out of me using small turtle. Oh well.

John, speak English man.
Back to top Go down
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm not too bad, but I guess I'm not too fond of spiders and crabs.
I used to be terrified of geese, 'cos I stayed on a farm with an evil gander Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Heights freak me out. I fucking hate spiders, but Ill kill the mother fuckers easily.
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Mostafa wrote:
I fear any living thing that moves; from spiders to horses, my friends actually scare the shit out of me using small turtle. Oh well.

John, speak English man.

Use Google man!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:50 am

Bears O_o ... and I'm also clostrophobic as hell.

Lul'z at Costigan's irrational fear of stiffies Razz
Back to top Go down
Thrashmaniac
On Parole
On Parole
Thrashmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Spiders used to really scare me, but it's not as bad now.
Back to top Go down
Lashed_by_Storm
Mantooth
Mantooth
Lashed_by_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Arachnophobia and Claustrophobia for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mycoolyoung
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Also I'm really scared of Carrot Top. I mean imagine if you woke up one day and he was looking at you.
Back to top Go down
SWIFT
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
SWIFT

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:05 am

I have a fear of driving...more so a fear of a potential accident that prevents me from driving or learning to drive.

...also mice. It's not seeing one face to face as I have bastard-killed one, but rather doing something and then noticing a small, fast moving object running along the wall out of the corner of my eye. I dislike them so much that I've fashioned a spear to hunt them.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/swiftclassic
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 pm

SWIFT wrote:
I have a fear of driving...more so a fear of a potential accident that prevents me from driving or learning to drive.

...also mice. It's not seeing one face to face as I have bastard-killed one, but rather doing something and then noticing a small, fast moving object running along the wall out of the corner of my eye. I dislike them so much that I've fashioned a spear to hunt them.

Invest in a powerful BB gun. We had a couple in the living room at one of my old places, where mice were a frequent sighting. Even if we didn't kill the bastard he didn't dare come out for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Everyone has phobias, humans are stupid when it comes to fear. I fear silence. It's just very uncomfortable. Specifically, I hate when you go to bed at night and you hear nothing but the clock ticking. I keep listening if there are any other sounds, paranormal activity or burglars, wishing the clock would shut up so I can hear those sounds better. I'm not even sure if that's a phobia. If I'm outside and it goes silent, (like in the woods or something), I stop completely and listen for sounds.

I'm also afraid of people breaking into the house. Not just any burglars, but the ones that come through the window or balcony. I always make sure the balcony door is locked and avoid it at night. Guess where I live, an apartment on the 21st floor. Phobias are retarded.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:30 pm

A phobia is an irrational fear. If it made sense, it probably wouldn't be a phobia.
Back to top Go down
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Phobia in Greek means "fear". So I always thought it as just fear too, irrational or not. Come on, you're telling me there's NO reason to be afraid of sharks? Razz You can't say "it doesn't bite" when it comes to those things. Many phobias are pretty rational if you ask me. People are afraid of heights because one mis-step and you're gone, some don't like spiders because they are poisonous, and others don't like black people because they're criminals, and so on.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:25 pm

"and others don't like black people because they're criminals"

Racism and ignorance =/= phobia
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 am

Wait, what?

"don't like black people because they're criminals"

That's not very politically correct. Or correct at all, as a matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:20 am

Ahmedeus wrote:
Phobia in Greek means "fear". So I always thought it as just fear too, irrational or not. Come on, you're telling me there's NO reason to be afraid of sharks? Razz You can't say "it doesn't bite" when it comes to those things. Many phobias are pretty rational if you ask me. People are afraid of heights because one mis-step and you're gone, some don't like spiders because they are poisonous, and others don't like black people because they're criminals, and so on.

There is not a single poisonous spider in the UK and yet arachnophobia exists. A fear of heights is irrational when its impossible to fall (i.e. secured in some way, either by harness or by construction). Sharks is not one I have ever heard as its fairly rational to be afraid if sitting in its jaws (though actually are very uncommon; only half a dozen species have ever attacked a human. 500x more people have been struck by lightning, and more people are injured each year by toilet seats), but other common ones include a fear of enclosed spaces and a fear of the number 13.

Under your definition:

- A fear of being caught in a lake with starving alligators with nothing but a pair of tighty whities
- A fear of getting lost wearing a gay pride shirt only to find myself surrounded by drunk redneck's complaining about having too much ammunition.
- A fear of being shot repeatedly.
- A fear of being stabbed repeatedly
- A fear of having my head slammed repeatedly in a car door
- A fear of being introduced to a ravenous pack of hyena's with bacon wrapped around my third right arm.
- A fear of being raped by a Giant Squid
- A fear of being raped by Carl.

This is the part where you realise how silly it is. I'd be legitimately fearful in these situations, and I'd argue it being a pretty reasonable reaction. Being so shit scared of a spider 1cm big that you run out of the house isn't, and that's the difference between a fear and a phobia.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:54 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_organisms

That mushroom that covers 8.9 square km kinda freaks me out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phobias - What are yours if you have any.   Phobias - What are yours if you have any. Empty

Back to top Go down

Phobias - What are yours if you have any.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -