Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

What is your nationaility/ethnicity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 am

Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:
Dark rum is not "pretty decent", it's AWESOME. Out of interest, what would you say is the best rum without spending stupid money? (up to £15, I'm a poor student!) I really haven't tried many types...Captain Morgan's always seems to be on offer when I go shopping for liquor.

I'll butt in here. Ol' Cappy Morg's is great, but that's spiced rum (my preference). If you want to push the boat out on the spiced, then look no further than Sailor Jerry's.

Surprised Im used to Capt Morgan, or a mate once had a load of "Myers" (I think) which was great.

Still, more of a scotch man myself...
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am

Rosalind wrote:

I can take or leave Scotch, I prefer Irish Whiskey. Call me a poof, but Pimms with Gin and lemonade is great too, although not entirely related Razz

Beer is my first and strongest love though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:35 am

Bidley wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

I can take or leave Scotch, I prefer Irish Whiskey. Call me a poof, but Pimms with Gin and lemonade is great too, although not entirely related Razz

Beer is my first and strongest love though Very Happy

Depends on the beer.

I do have an odd desire for Framboise right now though...
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 am

Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:
Dark rum is not "pretty decent", it's AWESOME. Out of interest, what would you say is the best rum without spending stupid money? (up to £15, I'm a poor student!) I really haven't tried many types...Captain Morgan's always seems to be on offer when I go shopping for liquor.

I'll butt in here. Ol' Cappy Morg's is great, but that's spiced rum (my preference). If you want to push the boat out on the spiced, then look no further than Sailor Jerry's.
Mmmmmm...Cap'n and Coke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:24 am

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

"Hey, y'know what would make this drink better? Diluting it! Awesome! Im going to urinate in mine!"

No
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:27 am

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

"Hey, y'know what would make this drink better? Diluting it! Awesome! Im going to urinate in mine!"

No
Oh c'mon, have you even tried it? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:35 am

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

No

Yeah. I just dont get peoples belief that you can improve on a decent drink by adding coke. If you don't like the taste, just drink coke (maybe with vodka if you want to get drunk). Its cheaper Razz
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:37 am

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

No

Yeah. I just dont get peoples belief that you can improve on a decent drink by adding coke. If you don't like the taste, just drink coke (maybe with vodka if you want to get drunk). Its cheaper Razz
The thing is, I don't see it as drinking Cap'n with Coke--I see it as drinking Coke w/ Cap'n Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 am

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

No

The thing is, I don't see it as drinking Cap'n with Coke--I see it as drinking Coke w/ Cap'n Razz

Then just drink the coke. I swear I nearly killed a man once for mixing Johnny Walker (Black label no less) with coke. My gods man. I'll buy you some bells if you just PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:48 am

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

No

Then just drink the coke. I swear I nearly killed a man once for mixing Johnny Walker (Black label no less) with coke. My gods man. I'll buy you some bells if you just PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN.
But why would I drink just Coke? TBH, it's one of the most mediocre pops out there. I wanted to drink just pop, I would drink Cream Soda, Root Beer, or Vanilla Coke. And since Vodka's flavorless, it gives it a bit of 'pop', but no extra taste. Hence Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.
On the other hand, maybe I oughta try mixing it with Absolut Vanilla *strokes beard*
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:51 am

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

No

But why would I drink just Coke? TBH, it's one of the most mediocre pops out there. I wanted to drink just pop, I would drink Cream Soda, Root Beer, or Vanilla Coke. And since Vodka's flavorless, it gives it a bit of 'pop', but no extra taste. Hence Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.
On the other hand, maybe I oughta try mixing it with Absolut Vanilla *strokes beard*

Most of those dont really exist here. Not a big pop fan myself either. If I want something that tastes good, I go for a decent ale or scotch. I don't think about 'mixing' either of them, I'd rather have the drink in the manner intended.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:59 am

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

No

Most of those dont really exist here. Not a big pop fan myself either. If I want something that tastes good, I go for a decent ale or scotch. I don't think about 'mixing' either of them, I'd rather have the drink in the manner intended.
I'll assume you never drink any beer mixtures either, then Wink
I would have never thought of mixing beer with any other beverage prior to going to Germany, but there I discovered 2 particularly tasty mixtures, both using Weißbier (wheat beer): Colaweizen and Bananenweizen. One of my German soccer-playing friends practically swears by a Colaweizen after practice (about 2/3 beer, 1/3 Coke), and another friend of mine has the nickname "Bananenpapst" (Banana Pope) because of his love of Bananenweizen, a mixture of wheat beer and banana juice/nectar (roughly 3 parts beer, 1 part banana juice).
Back to top Go down
ThePitGoddess
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
ThePitGoddess

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:04 pm

That reminds me of Raddler's (Ratler? Radler?)...beer and 7up. Or, beer and lemon.
I had them in germany and they were SO good.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:06 pm

You see, the better way of doing that is brewing the beer with fruit, as in Framboise or Well's and Young's Banana Bread Beer. Not mixing it afterwards Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:09 pm

ThePitGoddess wrote:
That reminds me of Raddler's (Ratler? Radler?)...beer and 7up. Or, beer and lemon.
I had them in germany and they were SO good.
Radler Wink Typically that's beer and lemon. Not my favorite, seeing as citrus fruits aren't my favorite. I do like the Mixery Iced Lemon and Vodka, though.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Rosalind wrote:
You see, the better way of doing that is brewing the beer with fruit, as in Framboise or Well's and Young's Banana Bread Beer. Not mixing it afterwards Neutral
I'm of the exact opposite opinion--if I want my beer to taste like anything other than beer, I'll mix it myself, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
I'm of the exact opposite opinion--if I want my beer to taste like anything other than beer, I'll mix it myself, thank you very much.

Oh, if you brew it with fruit it'll still taste like beer, just a fruity one. Hell, why would you *not* want it taste like beer? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Rosalind wrote:

Cuba Libre's (spiced rum, coke and lime) are fucking awesome, and they're intended to be drunk with coke Razz

YES! Those are delicious!
Back to top Go down
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Bidley wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

I had some Sailor Jerry's last week. Only £2.25 for a double in Wetherspoons Very Happy

EDIT: Yes I mixed it with coke Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:40 pm

What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 147871
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 pm

[quote="Christoff Odendaal"]My paternal roots are originally German but also has French, Dutch and even Malaysian blood (supposedly). Like in America, it`s also impossible to trace definate roots for any one individual in South Africa becaus we had so much cross-breeding going on. But my surname is German, my grandmother on my father`s side is French, my mother`s family is Dutch and somewhere in the past I`m apparently also Malaysian.

In summary: I`m a bastard tongue[/quote]

Malay?!? That's not something I would have guessed, but pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:41 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Christoff Odendaal wrote:
My paternal roots are originally German but also has French, Dutch and even Malaysian blood (supposedly). Like in America, it`s also impossible to trace definate roots for any one individual in South Africa becaus we had so much cross-breeding going on. But my surname is German, my grandmother on my father`s side is French, my mother`s family is Dutch and somewhere in the past I`m apparently also Malaysian.

In summary: I`m a bastard tongue

Malay?!? That's not something I would have guessed, but pretty cool.

Nor I. They told us that at some family gathering we went to a few years back. Some of our hardcore racist relatives refuse to accept it, but their are documents and such suggesting one of my forefathers had something for ethnic slaves Razz
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Christoff Odendaal wrote:
one of my forefathers had something for ethnic slaves Razz

Hey, who doesn't. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Bidley wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Cuba Libre's (spiced rum, coke and lime) are fucking awesome, and they're intended to be drunk with coke Razz

YES! Those are delicious!

Who edited my post?
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:08 pm

[quote="Christoff Odendaal"][quote="son_ov_hades"][quote="Christoff Odendaal"]My paternal roots are originally German but also has French, Dutch and even Malaysian blood (supposedly). Like in America, it`s also impossible to trace definate roots for any one individual in South Africa becaus we had so much cross-breeding going on. But my surname is German, my grandmother on my father`s side is French, my mother`s family is Dutch and somewhere in the past I`m apparently also Malaysian.

In summary: I`m a bastard tongue[/quote]

Malay?!? That's not something I would have guessed, but pretty cool.[/quote]

Nor I. They told us that at some family gathering we went to a few years back. Some of our hardcore racist relatives refuse to accept it, but their are documents and such suggesting one of my forefathers had something for ethnic slaves Razz[/quote]

I was gonna make a joke about how that doesn't go with the traditional Afrikaans image of "purity", but figured it'd be disrespectful. Hey at least I know you're not of those hardcore racists. tongue LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your nationaility/ethnicity?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -