Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Quick Drumming-Related Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Lashed_by_Storm
Mantooth
Mantooth
Lashed_by_Storm

Quick Drumming-Related Question Vide
PostSubject: Quick Drumming-Related Question   Quick Drumming-Related Question EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:43 pm

I just have a question about drum sets. If I am planning on purchasing a kit, does it matter whether its located on a completely flat surface (e.g. Hardwood, or Linoleum), or on a surface like carpet once I set it up? Is there an advantage/disadvantage either way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mycoolyoung
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

PostSubject: Re: Quick Drumming-Related Question   Quick Drumming-Related Question EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:42 am

As far as I know, it's just going to sound different in each location you set it up. For example, playing in a living room with carpet isn't going to sound like playing in a huge stage in the open air. I can't tell you whether one is better than the other, it's a matter of preference and how you would like your kit to sound like.
Back to top Go down
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

PostSubject: Re: Quick Drumming-Related Question   Quick Drumming-Related Question EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Lashed_by_Storm wrote:
I just have a question about drum sets. If I am planning on purchasing a kit, does it matter whether its located on a completely flat surface (e.g. Hardwood, or Linoleum), or on a surface like carpet once I set it up? Is there an advantage/disadvantage either way?

Carpet would be better. I have hardwood, and whenever I used to strike the kick drum, it would move forward an inch. It doesn't have anything to keep it grounded, which is really annoying. Now I have to play the drums facing a wall, so the bass drum doesn't have anywhere to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Drumming-Related Question   Quick Drumming-Related Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Drumming-Related Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: Music :: The Musician's Corner -