Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

PERSPECTIVE VS. REVISIONISM : The Final Battle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PERSPECTIVE VS. REVISIONISM : The Final Battle - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: PERSPECTIVE VS. REVISIONISM : The Final Battle   PERSPECTIVE VS. REVISIONISM : The Final Battle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:43 am

@ Gareth
Quote :
The people that argue that it's only metal if it fits their understanding of metal, reminds me of these christians arguing it's only a religion if it fits their conception of what a religion is.

While I agree with John about bands like AC/DC, Deep Purple, etc. John is as guilty of doing this as the young people are.

How so?

As for the rest of your rant, it falls in and around points I've been making all along. I actually attempted to get people to define metal for me, but no one could. The only person that even came close IMO was myself(not fapping, just what I believe). Everyone else either purposely avoided trying, or said it couldn't be done. Bullshit.

Whether younger metal heads could come to an agreement on who is the proto-typical metal band is moot. This is because most don't have the knowledge to do so. They haven't studied the form to the extent required to make an educated decision, and haven't "experienced" the genre as it unfolded. Most base their decision on their "modern" take on the genre, and have been tainted my common misconceptions.
Back to top Go down

PERSPECTIVE VS. REVISIONISM : The Final Battle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Debater's Den -