Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Paranormal Activity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

Paranormal Activity Vide
PostSubject: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Is it really that terrifying?
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

Paranormal Activity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:24 pm

I think it depends on the person. I haven't been scared by a movie in years, but Paranormal Activity managed to do it. I think the thing about it that struck me most is that it really could have been documenting a non-human haunting. It doesn't adhere to normal Hollywood conventions when it comes to hauntings, instead it takes influence from actual case files. For someone who is interested in the paranormal this came as a pleasant surprise. However, if one is looking for a more traditional horror movie then it may seem slow.
Back to top Go down
Lashed_by_Storm
Mantooth
Mantooth
Lashed_by_Storm

Paranormal Activity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 pm

I didn't find it scary at all. I saw it with my girlfriend. Granted we weren't especially watching the movie much, but it just seemed really stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mycoolyoung
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Paranormal Activity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:31 pm

I wrote a review for it a while back. I'm glad I didn't watch it alone, I had more fun mocking it, like the whole whispering bit I couldn't help but whisper over the top "Is it cos I's Black," or screaming "PEDOBEAR" at the final encounter. They didn't do badly for the budget but the psychological horror aspect was done through obvious effects and tricks which just ruined it for me. If you're completely oblivious to how they work you might enjoy it more, but generally the cream of the crop doesn't need effects at all. The only film to actually "scare" me enough to cause me sleep loss was a drama made horrific entirely through suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

Paranormal Activity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:29 am

Well I was fucking terrified, and I couldn't sleep the night after I saw it. And yes, I am a massive pussy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paranormal Activity Vide
PostSubject: Re: Paranormal Activity   Paranormal Activity Empty

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Activity

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Entertainment -