Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

The Video Game Review Thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SlayerMaiden666
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
SlayerMaiden666

The Video Game Review Thread. Vide
PostSubject: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Just so there aren't a bunch of reviews hanging about in nowhere i'll do this for reviews, keep small gaming talk in the video game thread. This is for reviews, try not to get the two mixed up. Feel free to comment on it but main video game talk over there.

Try and keep a clear format. It should basically be the same as the movie reviews and music reviews that Bawden writes. Start with a neat little introduction (what kind of game, backstory etc.). Then say what was done well and what was done badly. Then sum it up overall. Try and keep the spelling/grammar up to par. Spell and grammar checks are easy to use and try and keep it relatively calm so that it's understandable/nice to read.

The rating system:

0/5: an awful game, as low quality as the new Miley Cyrus album.

1/5: a poor game, not worth buying at all though there were attempts at possible decent ideas.

2/5: not a great game, though not strictly a bad game. The album is quite flawed or simply not that good, it has some good redeeming qualities however.

3/5: A good game, it keeps you playing for a fairly long time and is fun to play. The game may be slightly flawed but not enough to greatly affect the overall outcome

4/5: A very good game, brings a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment to the player. The game is very good quality and well thought through, though there may be minor flaws in the game.

5/5: A fantastic game, reserved for only the greatest games. Gaming is such high quality that it will be re-played countless times. Either perfect or so perfect that flaws are very difficult to find.

Don't worry if someone's reviewed the game that you want to do. The great thing about games is that you're very likely to have differing opinions or other points to make that someone hasn't made.

Go for it! afro
____________________________________________________________________________________________

InFamous
Playstation 3

Story: So basically you play as a white asshole adult version of static shock without all the cool trash top that you can fly with because you WILL want to fly but you can't... back to the story so anyway The Character "John Cole" and his city are blown up by some kind of Electric Blast but god knows who and now somehow because you interfered with some mutant gang's food you are now a white asshole adult version of Static Shock who is a super hero.

Combat: This Games Combat is in the beginning duck and shoot unfortunately all the cool kick ass powers come right before you beat the game AND there is no New Game+ so once you get all of the games powers your pretty much done with the game.

Choice: Yeah there's a choice between playing as an Asshole Hero or a Super Asshole The Choices in the game only reflect your upgrades and the story but of what I've seen in the Asshole Hero side the sequels probably going to take place from there so If your the Super Asshole your probably not going to get a sequel to your side.

Gameplay: It's pretty much like a typical Sandbox game without all of those guns and kick ass cars and replace them with Kick ass upgradable Lightning ....Still it's MUCH BETTER than any GTA rip off the only thing that pisses me off about the gameplay is that there is no New Game Plus so once you unlock every power that Cole has your Finished but what really make the gameplay awesome is the shoot, duck, cover and charge system meaning that you shoot then you duck then shoot again and then when you run low on heath you get some cover and charge up your heath (there is no bar the screen lets you know when your running low on heath by showing blood on your screen) so yeah that makes the gameplay awesome but what about the other parts?

Soundtrack: Nothing Special that your going to want to listen to again and again just your average video game soundtrack move along

Transportation: you move slow as hell on foot and even slower when climbing up a tower in other words YOUR SLOWER THAN A FUCKING TURTLE!!!!!111

Length: This game is NOT worth $60.00 because it's too damn short it's worth $40.00 so buy it when It's $40.00 because once you get all of the powers and beat all of the story missions and kick the final bosses ass then your left (which should take about 2-4 days if played for 2-3 hours straight each day) your left with NOTHING!!!!! because the gameplay kicks ass (because of the kick ass lightning)

Ending: It leaves you wanting more because after all of that work your left there on an edge and wanting to know why in the name of satan would they make such a twist at the last second

Overall: If you have the option to rent the game then do so other than that just buy it when the price drops down because the game is awesome but it's short as hell and doesn't give the player any replay value after your don with the story which makes me give the game 3/5
Back to top Go down
SlayerMaiden666
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
SlayerMaiden666

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:23 pm

Also the game is called inFamous
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:41 pm

You *can* edit your post y'know.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
SlayerMaiden666
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
SlayerMaiden666

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Rosalind wrote:
You *can* edit your post y'know.

damn I did not see that thanks...

also thanks for the correction ot the rating system
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:13 pm

That one wasn't me tongue
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Rosalind wrote:

You will not! You will not take my credit! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SlayerMaiden666
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
SlayerMaiden666

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Monkzum wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

You will not! You will not take my credit! Evil or Very Mad

oh that was you?

Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Video Game Review Thread.   The Video Game Review Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Video Game Review Thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Entertainment -