Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Movies you recently bought/saw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

Movies you recently bought/saw Vide
PostSubject: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:05 pm

So thought I'd make this topic after I posted on the cd equivalent.

Got Se7en, Fight Club, American History X for christmas and just bought RocknRolla and No Country For Old Men, haven't seen the last one yet.

Enjoyed all the movies very much, also inb4 "WOW haven't you seen Fight Club yet".

Recently watched Inglorious Basterds, not sure if I like it yet.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Peter wrote:
Se7en, Fight Club, American History X for christmas

Seriously, those are three brilliant films right there. Since just about every DVD I own has been bought in the past year (I thought it was time to correct the fact I had some ~600 films burnt onto DVD-R's but only a handful to my name, i've been correcting that along with the Cd issue), should I just copy across the list on my HDD? Never know, could be a couple of things in there that surprises people Razz Otherwise, most recent additions would be "P2," "Alpha Dog" and the four Volumes for the animé "Paranoia Agent."
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Peter wrote:
No Country For Old Men

One of my favorite movies ever! I still need to get that on Blu Ray, saw it in the theater and was blown away.

I just watched The Transporter, which I got for Christmas. It's a pretty good action movie, but nothing more. Transporter 2 and Slumdog Millionaire were also Christmas presents that I've yet to watch.
Back to top Go down
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:01 pm

I don't often watch movies in theaters but I just saw Sherlock Holmes. It was a good popcorn movie: I thought Robert Downey Jr. was great.
I also recently rented Alien and There Will Be Blood both of which I really enjoyed. And I second the love for No Country for Old Men
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:29 pm

The Gozzfather wrote:
There Will Be Blood
Great movie Very Happy
Quote :
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

District 9 *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Just saw Before the Devil Knows Your Dead which was really awesome. It had a great score too. Carter Burwell is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq9DMVIbM2E
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:33 pm

The Gozzfather wrote:
Just saw Before the Devil Knows Your Dead which was really awesome. It had a great score too. Carter Burwell is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq9DMVIbM2E
Great film. Seeing Marisa Tomei naked was not bad either. She looks amazing.

I have watched a few movies.

Crazy Love - It s s documentary about a guy that was in love with a women while married to another. She finally said no more. He went so crazy about it he hired guys to throw acid in her face. After serving a 20+(I think) sentence. They got married and have been so for the last 30 years. Great documentary

Stevie - Another documentary made by the guy who made Hoop Dreams(if you have not seen Hoop Dreams HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!). It is about a kid named Stevie who he was a "Big Brother" to during his time in college. He goes back to visit him and finds out things have gotten worse then when he first got to know the kid. Very emotional and an all around great documentary.

Adventureland - Fun little indie picture about a college kid getting a summer job at an amusement park. Casting was good and the story was OK nothing overly original. Good rental doubt I will see it again.

Extract - If you are a Mike Judge fan(Beavis & Butthead, Office Space) I recommend seeing this. It is like Office Space in that it is a comedy about the every day small minutiae of working in assembly plant. One that makes flavored extract in this case. Good performances from Jason Batemen and a nice change of pace for Ben Affleck(an actor I am not a fan of but was good in this). Not Mike Judges best but worth seeing.

Big Fan - This is dark comedy staring Patton Oswalt. It is about this hardcore New York Giants fan and his friends crazy obsession with the Giants. He gets the shit kicked out of him by his favorite player and struggles with whether to press charges or do nothing to help his team. At times it feel like a documentary with the way it is shot. Patton is pretty good in a role that is not something you would see him in. It has an almost Taxi Driver feel to it as you start to see him fall deeper and deeper into this obsession for the team and the player. Sad to say this may not be too far off for many sports fans American football or other wise. Good rental.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Lashed_by_Storm
Mantooth
Mantooth
Lashed_by_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I recently saw Invictus in theaters and it was pretty good. I just love Morgan Freeman so it made the movie like 10x better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mycoolyoung
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Just saw the remake of Cape Fear and I really liked it. It made me really want to work out though.
Back to top Go down
Bright_Eyed
On Parole
On Parole
Bright_Eyed

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Whip it. It's good to watch a decent feminist flick.
Back to top Go down
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:28 pm

This week I saw District 9 and L.A. Confidential both of which I really liked. I also saw a great episode of Mystery Science Theater, Warrior of the Lost World.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies you recently bought/saw   Movies you recently bought/saw Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies you recently bought/saw

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: Entertainment -