Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

What is your nationaility/ethnicity?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 am

AarO)))n wrote:
I am American. I have Irish and German in me. And if you ask nicely you can have some Irish and German in you. Razz

Why am I imagining a cocktail of Jagermeister and Irish Whisky drunken
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
ThePitGoddess
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
ThePitGoddess

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:48 am

I'm Scottish, German, French and possibly Irish.

My surname is Turnbull, which can be traced back to the original clan in Scotland. We also made whiskey, which explains my love of booze Razz

As for the french/german mix, I'm no doubt the bastard child that resulted after the French Revolution, Franco-Prussian War, or WWI, maybe even WWII???
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 am

LegionOvDoom wrote:
Monkzum wrote:
Rule no.1

All Americans must be Irish.

Why's that? hahaha

What about all the Italians and Polish that moved here?

He's got a point, you hear no end of Americans talk about their Irish heritage. Nothing wrong with it, mind, I've got Irish blood Smile
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 am

LegionOvDoom wrote:
Monkzum wrote:
Rule no.1

Why's that? hahaha

Americans love to claim their links to Ireland, most probably to try and show his drinking manliness. As far as i'm concerned if it's been more than two generations sinced you moved to a country then you now belong to that country. Americans are American, not Irish. Life began (supposedly) in Africa, that doesn't make me African.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:51 am

[quote="Bidley"][quote="LegionOvDoom"][quote="Monkzum"]Rule no.1

All Americans must be Irish.[/quote]

Why's that? hahaha

What about all the Italians and Polish that moved here?[/quote]

He's got a point, you hear no end of Americans talk about their Irish heritage. Nothing wrong with it, mind, I've got Irish blood Smile[/quote]

Well during the famine in Ireland millions of Irish immigrated to the US. During the second half of the 1800s the vast majority immigrants were from Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:57 am

son_ov_hades wrote:
Bidley wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
Monkzum wrote:
Rule no.1

Why's that? hahaha

He's got a point, you hear no end of Americans talk about their Irish heritage. Nothing wrong with it, mind, I've got Irish blood Smile

Well during the famine in Ireland millions of Irish immigrated to the US. During the second half of the 1800s the vast majority immigrants were from Ireland.

No you're right and a lot of people probably have Irish roots but it's hyserical when you all claim to be Irish when you're all Americans. You're also nothing like the Irish, they're a strange strange bunch. My mum's side has a lot of dodgy european shit going on but i'm English through and through. Most people on my mum's side are dead anyway except my great grandmother who somehow managed to surpass both of my grandparents from that side. She's still alive, in her ninetees but she's mental.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:16 am

[quote="Monkzum"][quote="son_ov_hades"][quote="Bidley"][quote="LegionOvDoom"][quote="Monkzum"]Rule no.1

All Americans must be Irish.[/quote]

Why's that? hahaha

What about all the Italians and Polish that moved here?[/quote]

He's got a point, you hear no end of Americans talk about their Irish heritage. Nothing wrong with it, mind, I've got Irish blood Smile[/quote]

Well during the famine in Ireland millions of Irish immigrated to the US. During the second half of the 1800s the vast majority immigrants were from Ireland.[/quote]

No you're right and a lot of people probably have Irish roots but it's hyserical when you all claim to be Irish when you're all Americans. You're also nothing like the Irish, they're a strange strange bunch. My mum's side has a lot of dodgy european shit going on but i'm English through and through. Most people on my mum's side are dead anyway except my great grandmother who somehow managed to surpass both of my grandparents from that side. She's still alive, in her ninetees but she's mental.[/quote]

Claiming Irish ethnicity is fine, if you are Irish, but I know what you mean. In New Jersey it's like that with "Italians". They claim to be Italian before American, which is ludicrous as they are nothing like actual Italians.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 am

Bidley wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
Monkzum wrote:
Rule no.1

Why's that? hahaha

Except comparing the drinking capabilities of most Americans I met (who start cheering and staggering around their 5th pint) and the Irish (who - whilst I kept up with their drinking - had something of a three-day-hangover/temporary-kidney-failure afterwards)...

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:37 am

Rosalind wrote:
Except comparing the drinking capabilities of most Americans I met (who start cheering and staggering around their 5th pint) and the Irish (who - whilst I kept up with their drinking - had something of a three-day-hangover/temporary-kidney-failure afterwards)...

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz
The reason why becomes immediately apparent when you taste American beer Wink
Back to top Go down
Pastor of Muppets
On Parole
On Parole
Pastor of Muppets

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:38 am

Nationality: 100% American

Ethnicity: Oddly enough, my last name is not Italian at all. My dad's ancestors were Spainish gypsies that migrated to Czechoslovakia and they chilled there for a while until a few went to the US in the early 1900's. My mom's side is pretty much totally Polish though. They also came to they came to the US in the early 1900's
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:48 am

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz

Americans can't make alcohol well in general. Im told theres some micro-breweries which are decent enough, but are expensive and tricky to find (particularly for tourists Razz), but this obsession with JD? "Tennessee Whisky" aka, more bourbon than whisky. If you want a bourbon, buy a damn bourbon. If you want a whisky, the only acceptable prefixes are "Irish" and "Scotch."

/rant
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:53 am

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz

Americans can't make alcohol well in general. Im told theres some micro-breweries which are decent enough, but are expensive and tricky to find (particularly for tourists Razz), but this obsession with JD? "Tennessee Whisky" aka, more bourbon than whisky. If you want a bourbon, buy a damn bourbon. If you want a whisky, the only acceptable prefixes are "Irish" and "Scotch."

/rant
I'll attest to the quality of microbrews-- those and imports are all I buy. As for whisky/bourbon-- I don't like either What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 501240 I'm more of a vodka, spiced rum, and kräuterlikör (ie Jägermeister) kinda guy Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz

/rant
I'll attest to the quality of microbrews-- those and imports are all I buy. As for whisky/bourbon-- I don't like either What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 501240 I'm more of a vodka, spiced rum, and kräuterlikör (ie Jägermeister) kinda guy Razz

A good scotch is gorgeous, and in truth, im betting you've probably never tried a decent one. It isn't cheap here so the price would be through the roof over there. Dark Rum is pretty decent though.
Back to top Go down
Yasmin
On Parole
On Parole

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:44 pm

Born, raised, and lived in NYC my whole life.

Both of my parents are from Guyana, formerly British Guiana in South America. About 3-4 generations back my ancestors are from India and they got shipped to the West Indies as indentured servants back when both countries were British colonies.

No Irish here Razz
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz

/rant

Says the guy with the Jack Daniels t-shirt! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:57 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Bidley wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
Monkzum wrote:
Rule no.1

Why's that? hahaha

I don't deny that it's true, it's just an obervation, is all.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:00 am

Bidley wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz

/rant

Says the guy with the Jack Daniels t-shirt! Razz

IT WAS A GIFT >.<

Someone apparently asked a friend if I liked whisky, they said yes, so they got me a shirt that had "whisky" written on it.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:05 am

Rosalind wrote:
IT WAS A GIFT >.<

Someone apparently asked a friend if I liked whisky, they said yes, so they got me a shirt that had "whisky" written on it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:30 am

[quote="Yasmin"]Born, raised, and lived in NYC my whole life.

Both of my parents are from Guyana, formerly British Guiana in South America. About 3-4 generations back my ancestors are from India and they got shipped to the West Indies as indentured servants back when both countries were British colonies.

No Irish here Razz[/quote]

So do your parents speak Guyanese Creole? I find that language to be very interesting, and impossible to understand.
Back to top Go down
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:55 pm

I'm English, with all English relatives (traced back pretty far by relatives, not that I've really looked at it myself).
My pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes suggest I could have Scandanavian ancestors. Maybe my great great great great great great great great great great great great grandmother was raped by a viking lol! Would explain my love of viking metal.
Back to top Go down
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

*cough*

A lot has changed Razz

/rant

A good scotch is gorgeous, and in truth, im betting you've probably never tried a decent one. It isn't cheap here so the price would be through the roof over there. Dark Rum is pretty decent though.

Dark rum is not "pretty decent", it's AWESOME. Out of interest, what would you say is the best rum without spending stupid money? (up to £15, I'm a poor student!) I really haven't tried many types...Captain Morgan's always seems to be on offer when I go shopping for liquor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm Canadian, Dad is Canadian, but my mother is Australian. So Australian Canadian I guess.

Oh yeah Scotch and Dark rum kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:46 am

I am a dane and as far as i know i'm 100% danish...only know about 150 years back in my family tree
Back to top Go down
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:07 am

My paternal roots are originally German but also has French, Dutch and even Malaysian blood (supposedly). Like in America, it`s also impossible to trace definate roots for any one individual in South Africa becaus we had so much cross-breeding going on. But my surname is German, my grandmother on my father`s side is French, my mother`s family is Dutch and somewhere in the past I`m apparently also Malaysian.

In summary: I`m a bastard tongue
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:33 am

Neon_Knight_ wrote:
Dark rum is not "pretty decent", it's AWESOME. Out of interest, what would you say is the best rum without spending stupid money? (up to £15, I'm a poor student!) I really haven't tried many types...Captain Morgan's always seems to be on offer when I go shopping for liquor.

I'll butt in here. Ol' Cappy Morg's is great, but that's spiced rum (my preference). If you want to push the boat out on the spiced, then look no further than Sailor Jerry's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your nationaility/ethnicity?   What is your nationaility/ethnicity? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your nationaility/ethnicity?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -