Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 pm

Dawn Bearer wrote:
Bidley wrote:

I'm a Fulham fan

I thought you said you didn't really sport a single team? Question

Correct, but I was hustled by my mates into supporting a team this season, and I went for Fulham. I've always liked them.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Rosalind wrote:
I mean he's inconsistent. He has good days and bad. Giggs used to only have good days and mediocre days - he never really played badly. Roberto Carlos was another one a few years back, true brazilian run-all-the-way-down-the-pitch-and-back style defending, working with the left midfielder, often going even further forward to cross to the striker, and then legging to back to defend when it all went tits up. On stamina alone the guy was insane. He's in his mid-30s now I think and still runs rings around most. Ronaldinho is talented but faps around with his tricks all the time, he's arrogant and fumbles because he tries something fancier than needed.

Again, I say his consistency is what got him World Player of the Year. Even when he was on dodgey form, he popped up with a goal or an assist.
Ronaldinho's problem was that he believed his own hype, went out partying and spent less time on the training ground, and ended up being overweight (for a pro footballer) and constantly struggling for form. Just after his move to Barca he was class, he used to win games, but hasn't been the same since he got World Player of the Year. Giggs has aged considerably well, he's gone from a speedy, tricky winger to a technical central player where he doesn't have to rely on his pace.
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:43 am

I hate watching sports unless it's soccer, and sometimes even it bores me. Basketball is the only sport I play on a regular basis, but I play others occasionally if I was desprate enough. Rolling Eyes

As for my favorite team (not that I really keep up wit da newz or anything of that sort), it's Barcelona.

And Cristiano is overrated, she's not the best player ever.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 am

Soccer is gay, Europe is gay, 'murika ain't got none of them fags.
Back to top Go down
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:11 am

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Olééééé, olé oléééééé
Nur der BVBBBBBBB
Uuuunser gaaaanzes Lebeeeen,
Uuuunser gaaaanzer Stoooooolz! Cheers

So yeah, I'm a fanatical fan of Borussia Dortmund, as well as the the DFB Nationalelf (the German National Team).
FC Bayern München *used* to be my favorite Bundesliga team, but I've since grown out of that fair-weather fan stage and now root for them only in international competition (like CL/EL).

In the Spanish La Liga I follow FC Barcelona.

In the American MLS I follow the Columbus Crew and Seattle Sounders FC.

I don't really much care for the EPL, though as long as the German national team captain Michael Ballack plays for Chelsea, I guess I'll root for them.

Teams I HATE: Evil or Very Mad
FC Schalke 04 (though I begrudgingly root for them in the CL/EL when they play non-German teams)
Manchester United
Real Madrid

I think I love you drunken I am also an avid Man U hater. Every bloody person the country claims to be a Man U fan and most of them don`t even follow the league.

My Bundesliga team is Dortmund.
My EPL team is Arsenal. It has been for years and continues to be.
My La Liga team is Barcalona
My PSL (South African league) team is Bloemfontein Celtics.
My Scottish team is Rangers (just to be different).

But, yeah, I basically only follow the English League and the local one. The others are just conversation starters tongue
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am

@ Christoff Odendaal
It must be pretty cool having the WC 2010 hosted by your country-- have you bought tickets already?
Back to top Go down
Mantooth901
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Mantooth901

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:59 pm

You got REAL football and soccor mixed up man tongue
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Mantooth901 wrote:

Football existed before your country.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Mantooth901 wrote:
I agree. This is now the Super Bowl Prediction Thread.
I'm hoping the Packers make it but it will probably be Patriots (if Brady is up to form) vs maybe the Eagles if they stay healthy. The NFC is pretty wide open this year.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Adothorr wrote:
Mantooth901 wrote:
I'm hoping the Packers make it but it will probably be Patriots (if Brady is up to form) vs maybe the Eagles if they stay healthy. The NFC is pretty wide open this year.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
You know there's an NFL thread, right?

Oh, and BTW, fuck the Packers AND the Patriots The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 72624 Twisted Evil

Last edited by Ziegenbartami on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Adothorr wrote:
Mantooth901 wrote:

Theres already a thread for that.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Adothorr wrote:
Mantooth901 wrote:
You know there's an NFL thread, right?
Yes I do. I was kidding.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
@ Christoff Odendaal
It must be pretty cool having the WC 2010 hosted by your country-- have you bought tickets already?

No, not yet. My brother and some of his Uni-friends have already applied for tickets, but I haven`t gotten around to it yet. Probably should do soon Razz I did go watch a few of the Cofed cup games, though, and it was great. These black people sure do know how to make it a fun time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mantooth901
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Mantooth901

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Mantooth901 wrote:

Football existed before your country.
It was a joke... :/
Back to top Go down
Mantooth901
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Mantooth901

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:10 pm

Adothorr wrote:
Mantooth901 wrote:
GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! Big Packer fan here. Im so looking forward to their game on Sunday
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I went to South Africa a month ago and they seriously are going crazy for the football. It's so stupid, in Durban they built a completely new stadium right next to the rugby stadium, it's litterally across the road. Crazy..
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Mantooth901 wrote:
Adothorr wrote:
Mantooth901 wrote:
GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! Big Packer fan here. Im so looking forward to their game on Sunday

WHO CARES

Post in the American Football thread.
Back to top Go down
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:01 am

Monkzum wrote:
I went to South Africa a month ago and they seriously are going crazy for the football. It's so stupid, in Durban they built a completely new stadium right next to the rugby stadium, it's litterally across the road. Crazy..

You have to admit, though, the Football stadium is infinately cooler than the rugby one.
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 am

Christoff Odendaal wrote:
Monkzum wrote:

You have to admit, though, the Football stadium is infinately cooler than the rugby one.

True, but do you guys really have that much to spare? Particularly when there's already a perfectly good stadium ready for use next door. It's a nice stadium but pointless as far as i'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:14 pm

Fucking bullshit The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 147871 The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 147871 The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 147871
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/10393554/France-qualifies-for-World-Cup-on-contentious-goal
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Fucking bullshit The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 147871 The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 147871 The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 147871
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/10393554/France-qualifies-for-World-Cup-on-contentious-goal

What else to you expect from the French.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Here are the drawings for World Cup South Africa 2010:

Group A
South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

Group B
Argentina
Nigeria
Korea Republic (South)
Greece

Group C
England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

Group D
Germany
Austrailia
Serbia
Ghana

Group E
Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

Group F
Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

Group G
Brazil
Korea DPR (North)
Ivory Coast
Portugal

Group H
Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile
Back to top Go down
Christoff Odendaal
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Christoff Odendaal

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:20 pm

Huzzah. We're going to kick some French arse, we are Razz
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Christoff Odendaal wrote:
Huzzah. We're going to kick some French arse, we are Razz
Honestly, I think South Africa's the only group leader that might not advance. France have been inconsistent lately, but they *did* make it to the final in 2006. Also, Mexico and Uruguay should also prove to be difficult opponents.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm

I don't even like soccer, but I'm rather jealous of South Africans for getting to have the World Cup in their country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)   The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Football Thread (and I'm talking ACTUAL Football)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -