Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Mp3 Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

Mp3 Players - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:15 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
Don't worry, I still love you even though your brain power is inferior to mine

Your grace knows no bounds, o wise one.
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:17 pm

The Ipod Classic 160GB beats out the Fuze in terms of cost, though, if you went that direction. However, then you need to use ITunes. This was the breaker for me. I fucking hate ITunes.

Also, Sansa makes a new player called the Sansa Touch.
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
Lashed_by_Storm
Mantooth
Mantooth
Lashed_by_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:07 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Kwartin wrote:
Ash much as I dislike iTunes, I'd get the 160Gb iPod just for the space. There's always the Samsung though, that's what I have now and I'm quite fond of it.
What's the capacity of your Samsung?

I don't think they make the 160GB anymore. The most I could get was 120 and I'm getting nervously close to filling it up \=
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mycoolyoung
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Lashed_by_Storm wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Kwartin wrote:
Ash much as I dislike iTunes, I'd get the 160Gb iPod just for the space. There's always the Samsung though, that's what I have now and I'm quite fond of it.

I don't think they make the 160GB anymore. The most I could get was 120 and I'm getting nervously close to filling it up \=

Don't you people ever take stuff off? I'm always taking stuff off that I haven't been listening to and putting new stuff on.
Back to top Go down
Lashed_by_Storm
Mantooth
Mantooth
Lashed_by_Storm

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 pm

I have been taking the stuff off that I simply never listen to anymore. But still there is a looottt of new stuff i get all the time and a lot i still listen to, so I need to get a better system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mycoolyoung
The_Accolade
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The_Accolade

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:16 pm

I love the zune, mine broke once from dropping it on tile floors to often, so I got the 120g almost a year ago now and haven't had any problems with it. I might be one of the few people to never have a bad experience with a zune which is why I adore it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ftmband.com/
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:24 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
I like my Sansa Fuze, but it's not a huge HDD. I only got the 4GB one, but there is a slot for mini SD cards...so technically I can buy a 32GB SD card and have a 36GB player.

I have the exact same one and it works pretty well.
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:28 pm

The Gozzfather wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
I like my Sansa Fuze, but it's not a huge HDD. I only got the 4GB one, but there is a slot for mini SD cards...so technically I can buy a 32GB SD card and have a 36GB player.

I have the exact same one and it works pretty well.

Definitely. I've never had a problem with mine.
Back to top Go down
Kwartin
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Kwartin

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Kwartin wrote:

It's an 8Gb.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:19 am

Possibly an obvious question, but if you have a Creative Zen Vision M that already works perfectly...why can't you just replace the HDD with a bigger one?
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:22 am

Rosalind wrote:
Possibly an obvious question, but if you have a Creative Zen Vision M that already works perfectly...why can't you just replace the HDD with a bigger one?

We discussed this, and I don't trust myself enough to take my player apart. Unless you fancy doing it for me? I hear you're looking for work Razz
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:14 am

Not worth the risk If I mess it up Razz

I can look see if I can't dig up the guide I used though.

EDIT: Guide
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Lashed_by_Storm wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
Kwartin wrote:

They brought the 160 back for the new generation of iPods.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:34 pm

I have no idea why people in generel are opposed to Apple products, I really don't know any thing else than iPods and Zune, but Zune er a bit too plactic and iTunes was brilliant untill the last update to 9.0 where everything turned shit... I have a 16 GB 4th gen iPod Nano and the next iPod I'm getting is 100% a classic, but it'll be a while.

I'm getting a MacBook Pro 13" when I get the time to buy one. Costy as shit, but worth it if you don't mind spending time learning another OS than windows.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Peter wrote:
I have no idea why people in generel are opposed to Apple products

Bad choice of words, the iPod outsells it's competitors by quite some margin, so I would hazard a guess that people in general aren't opposed to Apple products Razz
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Not worth the risk If I mess it up Razz

I can look see if I can't dig up the guide I used though.

EDIT: Guide

"Disappointingly, there is not an extra three millimeters to squeeze in a bigger two platter 60GB or 80GB hard drive."

Eh?
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Alright, so carrying on the SD card option, Creative have a new Zen out, 32gb, with an SD slot. Sounds tasty.....
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Peter wrote:
I'm getting a MacBook Pro 13" when I get the time to buy one. Costy as shit, but worth it if you don't mind spending time learning another OS than windows.

1. Getting a Mac is not worth the cost. They're insanely overpriced.

2. Learning a Mac OS is basically turning the fucking thing on. It's not hard.

3. Macs aren't worth all the hype.
Back to top Go down
Denial_of_Life
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
Denial_of_Life

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Mac computers may be overpriced/not worth it, but I really love my iPod. Had it for around a year and six or seven months, and I've never had a problem with it. It's got an 80-gig memory and cost me around $200 if I remember correctly.

Edit: and iTunes really isn't that unusable. I find that it's fairly easy to navigate/do important things with my music collection. I much prefer it to the Windows media center thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 pm

I have a 80 Gig Ipod, and you can use real player to put files on your Ipod if you really want to avoid Itunes. I used real player for awhile to convert flash videos from Youtube etc., as well as putting music on my Ipod, you just have to make sure you convert to Mp4 (or whatever it is that IPOD uses). Of course over time Youtube found a way to block Real Player from converting their videos so I just went back to using Itunes for music.

I love the Ipod, I've had no problems, plus it's so popular that there are tons of videos / sites about how to get around any annoying Ipod features.
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Bidley wrote:
I need to gather information on Mp3 Players, as I'm entertaining the idea of buying a new one, and I need your opinons. I need a big HDD, and I need it not to be made by Apple (I don't like iPods, period, sorry). So, share your wisdom, people.

I think if you find a good deal for it, an Archos is a wicked buy. And don't worry, it lasts. If you don't know what it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Archos-250-Internet-Media-Tablet/dp/B001D0E4DA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253229953&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:38 am

The Thrasher wrote:
Bidley wrote:
I need to gather information on Mp3 Players, as I'm entertaining the idea of buying a new one, and I need your opinons. I need a big HDD, and I need it not to be made by Apple (I don't like iPods, period, sorry). So, share your wisdom, people.

I think if you find a good deal for it, an Archos is a wicked buy. And don't worry, it lasts. If you don't know what it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Archos-250-Internet-Media-Tablet/dp/B001D0E4DA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253229953&sr=8-1

Yeah, those are pretty sweet, but pricey. I live in the Uk, remember. The one on Amazon.com is $269, and on Amazon.co.uk it's fucking £279!!!
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:56 am

Peter wrote:
I have no idea why people in generel are opposed to Apple products, I really don't know any thing else than iPods and Zune, but Zune er a bit too plactic and iTunes was brilliant untill the last update to 9.0 where everything turned shit... I have a 16 GB 4th gen iPod Nano and the next iPod I'm getting is 100% a classic, but it'll be a while.

Apple are excellent at product design. In terms of making things look simple, marketing products, this is where the company really does excel, and all you need to do is look at their share of the market to realise that.

Unfortunately, they cannot build things for shit. The Ipod has virtually no serviceability, is designed so the components will begin to fail as the warantee ends (I've heard reports of people sending it back to get it fixed then being charged $100+), everything that goes into an iPod is bought by an external company anyway (Toshiba HDD and a Sony battery or something) which means in terms of user support, useless. Indian guy who doesn't speak a word of english struggling to pronounce a script in front of him level of useless. So they're actually paying for the stock, they have no idea about, and its not a partnership deal here. They can't refer back to the company.

It also requires the use of iTunes, which is a slower, bulkier and overly resource-consuming monstrosity of of a media player, it doesn't support 90% of formats (including .mp3...wut? Convert everything? Loss of quality so it can actually play on this ipod? Not to mention takes up more memory). As for the Apple Mac, its simply. You're paying three times the price of a PC for the exact same thing, except its bundled with a free OS software instead of windows and is harder to fix hardware faults. Woot! -_-
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 9:51 am

The whole apple vs. windows question is useless, because it's a matter of taste and I'm getting sick of vista's malfunctions, so that's why I wanna get one...
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:35 am

What malfunctions?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mp3 Players   Mp3 Players - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mp3 Players

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -