Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Travel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm

So I made one of these on FB but any excuse to talk about travel and other cultures I'll jump at.

I've been to more than half of the states in the US, favorite is probably California. Been to the 51th state, Canada Razz. Only Quebec, but I want to hit up BC and Ontario eventually. I went to Puerto Penaso, Mexico and it was just okay nothing special. And of course Chile, which is such an amazing country. This summer I'll be in Europe, but I'm not sure where exactly yet. Germany for sure, possibly UK, Netherlands, France, Poland, Czech Republic, who knows? The place I most want to visit though is Israel and the West Bank, followed closely by Egypt, Japan, South Africa and Namibia, and Australia and New Zealand.
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 pm

this summer I went on a cruise in Europe which started from Barcelona, went to Italy for three days, France for two days and then back to Spain
I'm telling you, Barcelona has got to have the cleanest airport ever

This was actually my third time to Italy. The first two times was when I was 2 and when I was 5 and both were to this tiny village that my mom grew up in. This time it was Naples, Rome, Florence, and Pisa.
Back to top Go down
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:51 pm

This summer I went on a 2 week trip to England, France, Belgium and the Netherlands and this spring break I will be going to Italy and Greece through school. I've traveled quite a bit in the US and Canada as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
ThePitGoddess
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
ThePitGoddess

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:52 pm

I loooove to travel. Smile

I used to go to canada some when I lived up north. I've been to a handful of states...basically any state you drive through to get to FL from Michigan.
I've been to Baltimore.

I spent two weeks in Germany and hit up Wacken and Party.San.

I spent 2 and a hal weeks sightseeing in China when I was like 14.

If I could travel and meet interesting people for the rest of my life, I would.
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:57 pm

more to my list:
I've gone to Bermuda a few times. It's cool at first, but when you stop liking going to the beach, it's kinda boring.

I've been to Bangladesh three times and I doubt I'll be going back. One time it was foggy over Dhaka, so we had to land in Thailand. The time before that, it was foggy, so we landed in fucking Burma. I was to young to remember back then, but I heard that everyone was locked in a room with a huge ass padlock since the government thought we were rebels.

Pretty good chance I'm going to Spain and Portugal next year. Might even go to Morocco too.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:58 pm

I have never left North America except to go to Tijuana, and I don't recall much of that. I know I went but not sure how I got back. My Jr. High took a historical Washington D.C. trip. We traveled up and down the east coast from Virginia to New York. It was really cool and educational. The down side is that it was that is was kind of a whirl wind tour. Never really getting a chance to soak in everything. But I had a great time none the less and was able to see many of the historical monuments and sites that part of the country has to offer. Thanks to the Army iI was able to see Oklahoma, Kansas, and South Carolina. I went through what ever staes it takes to go from South caolina to California on a three day bus trip. Didn't really see much though. I lived in Missouri for a year after getting out of the Army(my wife is originally from there). All were nice to visit, but I am VERY glad to be living back in L.A. I hope some day to travel to Europe. I really like history and Europe is chalk full of it. That and funny accents. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 pm

I've been to the US twice, NY and Florida (Your theme parks suck monkey nuts), as well as Malaysia once which was completely awesome.

Despite that, most of my travel has been within Europe. I've been to Paris two or three times, Normandy, Belgium once, Italy three times (Naples, Rome twice), Greece about three times (I spent a couple of weeks doing a big tour of it, Sparta, Thessalanoki, Athens amongst others, and Crete a couple of times), Barcelona twice (though only once in memory - I was too young the first time), Spain once more, Portugal once, Ireland once, Holland about three times (Amsterdam, Rotterdam and a smaller coastal city my dad was working at, I forget the name. Never went to Utrecht though...)

I also plan on going to Prague before too long as I got a mate who moved there. Like, £50 return flights and a place to crash? Pffft. Hells yeah.

Im not entirely sure whats happening atm, but its possible a trip to Vietnam may occur at some point.

Other places Id like to visit include Dubrovnik (Croatia), Tokyo and Osaka (Japan), St. Petersburg (Russia), Shanghai and Beijing (China).
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 pm

I went outside today.

But for realz. I've been to Canada near the falls, Philly a bunch of times, NYC a handful of times. Maryland, upstate NY. I was in Disney World when I was a baby, so I don't remember it. Jersey to the shore. I haven't been many places.
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Rosalind wrote:
I've been to the US twice, NY and Florida (Your theme parks suck monkey nuts), as well as Malaysia once which was completely awesome

your everything sucks monkey nuts
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:11 pm

bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
I've been to the US twice, NY and Florida (Your theme parks suck monkey nuts), as well as Malaysia once which was completely awesome

Dude...you live in New Jersey. I wouldn't be trying to slam where anyone else lived. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:15 pm

bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Thorpe Park is about an hour from me. Fuck your wussy-assed 'virtual' rides and journey through time with the fat dude from whose line. Duelling dragons has nothing on the likes of "Air" and "Colossus."
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Rosalind wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Thorpe Park is about an hour from me. Fuck your wussy-assed 'virtual' rides and journey through time with the fat dude from whose line. Duelling dragons has nothing on the likes of "Air" and "Colossus."

We know how to do roller coasters right...so suck it.
Back to top Go down
ThePitGoddess
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
ThePitGoddess

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Bawds- Dude, Cedar Point kicks assssss. (In Ohio) Disney, Busch Gardens and Universal Studios are pretty meh.

Oh, I also have been to Nassau.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:52 pm

According to this. Out of the top ten coasters in the world. Only one is in England. Five are in AMERICA, 3 are in Japan, and 1 in Spain. So much for AMERICAN'S not having good theme parks.
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Anyway. I'm not bragging srsly, but I'm a very well-traveled person (a little too much). In the States, I've been to NJ, FL, NY, VA, WV, GA, SC, NC, MD, PA, MI, IL, OH and CA.

I've also been to Saudi Arabia (lived in Riyadh), UAE (Dubai was awesome. The beach was so neat), Bahrain, France (Paris, Strasbourg... mainly the Ille De France area), UK (lived in Boringham for a little less than a year when I was a kid. Went to London on a lot of weekends. And Wales), Turkey (the dirtiest country I've ever been to. It was a pretty nice visit, tough), Switzerland (Geneva, Montreaux, Zurich... didn't have much fun), Germany (Frankfurt and Munich... and Bavaria if it counts. It was nice), Austria (Vienna and Salzburg. Amazing place), Hong Kong (only been there for a couple of days for a transit. I think I've seen most of it), Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice. It was freaking hot when went, but I appreciate their history), Belgium (my dad had to go there for a month for work, so we went along. Sucked.) and Luxembourg (the cleanest place I've ever seen. The streets are flawless).

The only countries I REALLY want to go to at this point are South Africa, Egypt, Japan, Australia, Brazil and a tropical island of some sort

Last edited by The Thrasher on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
According to this. Out of the top ten coasters in the world. Only one is in England. Five are in AMERICA, 3 are in Japan, and 1 in Spain. So much for AMERICAN'S not having good theme parks.

Fine, Florida has shitty theme parks. Also, Nemesis? Woah. Thats been topped so many times...
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Bawden: Six Flags is amazing. I've been to 4 of them, and all were awesome. Especially Great Adventure (which by the way has Kingda Ka, the fastest and tallest roller coaster in the WORLD).

What do you guys have, ALTON TOWERS? Travel Icon_razz

Lindsey: I'd say Universal is a little better than the other two. They all don't compare to SF for shit, though.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:02 pm

The Thrasher wrote:
Bawden: Six Flags is amazing. I've been to 4 of them, and all were awesome. Especially Great Adventure (which by the way has Kingda Ka, the fastest and tallest roller coaster in the WORLD).

Lindsey: I'd say Universal is a little better than the other two. They all don't compare to SF for shit, though.

The difference between the US and Europe in a nutshell: "Its bigger and faster so must be better!"
Fact: Its the twists and turns that makes a rollercoaster enjoyable.

EDIT: And Chessington, and Thorpe Park, and Drayton Manor. Considering our country fits into a size smaller than your smallest state, that ain't too shabby Razz
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Rosalind wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:

The difference between the US and Europe in a nutshell: "Its bigger and faster so must be better!"

It's actually the adrenaline that makes the ride better. More speed and heigh = more adrenaline. Travel Icon_tongue

But seriously, look into the link that Aaron posted. Along with videos on Youtube, and there is any kind of roller coaster that you could ever imagine. There is more than just "fast and big".
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:10 pm

The Thrasher wrote:
...Germany (Frankfurt and Munich... and Bavaria if it counts. It was nice)...
Munich is IN Bavaria, dude tongue
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Rosalind wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:

EDIT: And Chessington, and Thorpe Park, and Drayton Manor. Considering our country fits into a size smaller than your smallest state, that ain't too shabby Razz

You don't think we have twists and turns? We got plenty. Also, it all depends on a riders preferences. A lot of the time I'd rather ride a wooden coaster than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:12 pm

The Thrasher wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:

It's actually the adrenaline that makes the ride better. More speed and heigh = more adrenaline. Travel Icon_tongue

But seriously, look into the link that Aaron posted. Along with videos on Youtube, and there is any kind of roller coaster that you could ever imagine. There is more than just "fast and big".

So take something with epinephrine in it before you get on. Adrenaline is to do with fear. Being torn apart by g-forces is scarier than going 10mph faster imo.
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm

The Thrasher wrote:

man, you really love the Tri-State Area don't you?
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Rosalind wrote:

Fact: That is only your opinion. Some like speed other like loops. I have yet to meet the expert in roller coasters that has come up with the formula for what makes a coaster enjoyable for all.
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:23 pm

bleghman wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:

man, you really love the Tri-State Area don't you?

Nope. We just happen to have just bought an apartment in NYC last year, and my sister goes to school there. So we've been spending a lot of time vacationing and spending weekends there lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Travel Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel Empty

Back to top Go down

Travel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -