Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

Travel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:25 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Fact: Its the twists and turns that makes a rollercoaster enjoyable.

Fact: That is only your opinion. Some like speed other like loops. I have yet to meet the expert in roller coasters that has come up with the formula for what makes a coaster enjoyable for all.

Like I said. Every coaster junkie has their own preference.
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:26 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
AarO)))n wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Fact: Its the twists and turns that makes a rollercoaster enjoyable.

Fact: That is only your opinion. Some like speed other like loops. I have yet to meet the expert in roller coasters that has come up with the formula for what makes a coaster enjoyable for all.

Like I said. Every coaster junkie has their own preference.

Then great minds think alike. Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:
...Germany (Frankfurt and Munich... and Bavaria if it counts. It was nice)...
Munich is IN Bavaria, dude :p

Eh, close enough. Travel - Page 2 Drunken_smilie

But to be honest, I thought it was just a suburb and that Munich as whole was called Bavaria at some point in history.
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:29 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Then great minds think alike. Cheers

so then idiots are truly unique? scratch
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Rosalind wrote:
EDIT: And Chessington, and Thorpe Park, and Drayton Manor...

Oh god, Drayton Manor! I just got nostalgia'd.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:32 pm

The Thrasher wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:
Munich is IN Bavaria, dude tongue

But to be honest, I thought it was just a suburb and that Munich as whole was called Bavaria at some point in history.

Bavaria is a state within Germany. All I really know about it is if you have a Bavarian accent and use it elsewhere in Germany, you'll be met with a lot of hostility. Bavaria is that part of Germany most of the country wished didn't exist.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Rosalind wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:
Munich is IN Bavaria, dude tongue

Bavaria is a state within Germany. All I really know about it is if you have a Bavarian accent and use it elsewhere in Germany, you'll be met with a lot of hostility. Bavaria is that part of Germany most of the country wished didn't exist.

Sort of like us and New Jersey?
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Rosalind wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:
Ziegenbartami wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:
Munich is IN Bavaria, dude :p

Yeah, I learned when I went there 5 years ago that at some point Ludwig II tried to build a big-ass, fancy castle as a tribute to Wagner. In the process, they had to sell everything they owned and also took a lot of what the people had. Eventually, the guy responsible for this died. And the funny thing is, there are only 14 rooms that were fully complete (I know it sounds a lot, but it isn't compared to the size of that thing).

That, and they're still going on with ripping people off. That tour costs around 200 Euros per person if you took the bus from Munich. We went by car and only had to pay the ticket entry (which was probably something like 10 Euros).

Last edited by The Thrasher on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Travel - Page 2 Neuschwanstein_Castle8
That's the one! Doesn't it look like a power metal album cover?
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Sort of like us and New Jersey?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Bavaria is a state within Germany.
Correct!

Rosalind wrote:
All I really know about it is if you have a Bavarian accent and use it elsewhere in Germany, you'll be met with a lot of hostility. Bavaria is that part of Germany most of the country wished didn't exist.
I think the feeling's mutual Razz Bavarians are sorta like Texans--they think of themselves as Bavarians first, Germans second. They are the largest German state. They have a very distinct dialect. Not to mention, the most successful German club, FC Bayern München, is Bavarian (as the name would suggest), so there's a lot of hostility towards them (because they win the title all the time, not because they're Bavarian).
Then there's the matter of Franconia, in the northern part of Bavaria, including Nürnberg. While politically they're a part of Bavaria, the Franconians see themselves as Franconian, NOT Bavarian. In the past there have been movements to gain independence, so far without success.

Last edited by Ziegenbartami on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
I've been to the US twice, NY and Florida (Your theme parks suck monkey nuts), as well as Malaysia once which was completely awesome

your everything sucks monkey nuts

Dude...you live in New Jersey. I wouldn't be trying to slam where anyone else lived. hahaha

Says the man from Redneckistan.
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:59 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
I've been to the US twice, NY and Florida (Your theme parks suck monkey nuts), as well as Malaysia once which was completely awesome

Dude...you live in New Jersey. I wouldn't be trying to slam where anyone else lived. hahaha

My area is fucking gorgeous and you know it.
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:05 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

nothing says gorgeous more than Union City:
https://media.photobucket.com/image/union%20city%20nj/fraz11nj/WNY-NJ/P10204452.jpg
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:05 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

The only parts of PA that matter are Philly and Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:24 pm

New Jersey isn't that bad. I mean sure it's not a place to visit, but I'd rather live there than to live in a lot of other states.

And no Hasan, that doesn't make me love the Tri-State Area. Travel - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 pm

The Thrasher wrote:
Anyway. I'm not bragging srsly, but I'm a very well-traveled person (a little too much). In the States, I've been to NJ, FL, NY, VA, WV, GA, SC, NC, MD, PA, MI, IL, OH and CA.

I've also been to Saudi Arabia (lived in Riyadh), UAE (Dubai was awesome. The beach was so neat), Bahrain, France (Paris, Strasbourg... mainly the Ille De France area), UK (lived in Boringham for a little less than a year when I was a kid. Went to London on a lot of weekends. And Wales), Turkey (the dirtiest country I've ever been to. It was a pretty nice visit, tough), Switzerland (Geneva, Montreaux, Zurich... didn't have much fun), Germany (Frankfurt and Munich... and Bavaria if it counts. It was nice), Austria (Vienna and Salzburg. Amazing place), Hong Kong (only been there for a couple of days for a transit. I think I've seen most of it), Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice. It was freaking hot when went, but I appreciate their history), Belgium (my dad had to go there for a month for work, so we went along. Sucked.) and Luxembourg (the cleanest place I've ever seen. The streets are flawless).

The only countries I REALLY want to go to at this point are South Africa, Egypt, Japan, Australia, Brazil and a tropical island of some sort

That's weird. I lived in Saudi Arabia too but when I was much younger. While my family lived there we got to visit all sorts of cool places such as Thailand, Indonesia and the Netherlands. We even got to go on a safari in Kenya. However. since I was so young I don't remember a lot from these trips. The places I visited more recently and that I remember are Quebec and France. I went to Quebec a couple years as part of a class trip and had a good time. About Five years back my family visited relatives in the south of France. I got to see the giant walled medieval city of Carcassone which was really cool. We then spent some time in Soulac.
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:50 am

son_ov_hades wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Suck a dick.

Travel - Page 2 1490060397072708136S425x425Q85
Travel - Page 2 1490036904072708136S425x425Q85
Travel - Page 2 Cfiles36086
Travel - Page 2 Vfiles24241
Travel - Page 2 45458082.tunk_houserecroppedref
Travel - Page 2 46667692.4263usFS
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:53 am

son_ov_hades wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Not to mention the incredible history within a 45-60 minute drive of me in Jim Thorpe, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, Nicholson, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 am

Namibia? Yeah, awesome place. It's got a seriously German feel about it so you should fit in. That sounds pretty awesome though Geoff, I wonder how many you'll actually hit tongue.

I don't travel, I want to. I want to visit New Zealand or Australia. I did a big trip of southern africa in the summer but that's pretty much it.

Just bracing myself for derby this summer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:08 am

The Thrasher wrote:
Anyway. I'm not bragging srsly, but I'm a very well-traveled person (a little too much). In the States, I've been to NJ, FL, NY, VA, WV, GA, SC, NC, MD, PA, MI, IL, OH and CA.

I've also been to Saudi Arabia (lived in Riyadh), UAE (Dubai was awesome. The beach was so neat), Bahrain, France (Paris, Strasbourg... mainly the Ille De France area), UK (lived in Boringham for a little less than a year when I was a kid. Went to London on a lot of weekends. And Wales), Turkey (the dirtiest country I've ever been to. It was a pretty nice visit, tough), Switzerland (Geneva, Montreaux, Zurich... didn't have much fun), Germany (Frankfurt and Munich... and Bavaria if it counts. It was nice), Austria (Vienna and Salzburg. Amazing place), Hong Kong (only been there for a couple of days for a transit. I think I've seen most of it), Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice. It was freaking hot when went, but I appreciate their history), Belgium (my dad had to go there for a month for work, so we went along. Sucked.) and Luxembourg (the cleanest place I've ever seen. The streets are flawless).

The only countries I REALLY want to go to at this point are South Africa, Egypt, Japan, Australia, Brazil and a tropical island of some sort

Try Singapore man, their street cleaners are like modern day Hitlers.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Monkzum wrote:
Namibia? Yeah, awesome place. It's got a seriously German feel about it so you should fit in. That sounds pretty awesome though Geoff, I wonder how many you'll actually hit tongue.

I don't travel, I want to. I want to visit New Zealand or Australia. I did a big trip of southern africa in the summer but that's pretty much it.

Oh you've been to Namibia? That's cool as hell! I find it fascinating that it's the only German speaking country outside of Europe, the Germans kind of sucked at colonizing Laughing. Yeah I don't know how many I'll actually get to, but I plan to live another 50 years at least so I've got time. Another thing I want to do is cross all of the continental borders. You know the Bering strait, Gibraltar, Bosporus, Panama canal, Suez canal etc. That one might be a bit lofty though.
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:13 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Monkzum wrote:

Oh you've been to Namibia? That's cool as hell! I find it fascinating that it's the only German speaking country outside of Europe, the Germans kind of sucked at colonizing Laughing. Yeah I don't know how many I'll actually get to, but I plan to live another 50 years at least so I've got time. Another thing I want to do is cross all of the continental borders. You know the Bering strait, Gibraltar, Bosporus, Panama canal, Suez canal etc. That one might be a bit lofty though.

Yeah I went in the summer. It kind of depends where you go, Namibia was one of Germany's main colonisations in Africa, it's a really rich country unless of course you live there tongue. We went to a town called Swakopmund (or something like that). What's interesting is that back when the Namibians were fighting the Germans elsewhere in Namibia, the Germans and Namibians got on just fine in Swakopmund and didn't actually know they were supposed to be fighting Laughing. If it weren't so hot there it would feel exactly like Germany, everything about it including restuarants etc. is German.

The germans sucked hard at colonising, too focused on taking France lol. How long did they have parts of Africa for? They were taken after Versailles and they didn't have them long before right? Gibraltar's awesome too, went there ages ago. Watch out for monkeys Mad
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Monkzum wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
Monkzum wrote:

Yeah I went in the summer. It kind of depends where you go, Namibia was one of Germany's main colonisations in Africa, it's a really rich country unless of course you live there tongue. We went to a town called Swakopmund (or something like that). What's interesting is that back when the Namibians were fighting the Germans elsewhere in Namibia, the Germans and Namibians got on just fine in Swakopmund and didn't actually know they were supposed to be fighting Laughing. If it weren't so hot there it would feel exactly like Germany, everything about it including restuarants etc. is German.

The germans sucked hard at colonising, too focused on taking France lol. How long did they have parts of Africa for? They were taken after Versailles and they didn't have them long before right? Gibraltar's awesome too, went there ages ago. Watch out for monkeys Mad

Yeah the Germans only had colonies outside of Europe from the 1870s to about 1920. Namibia sounds awesome, I've never actually heard of anyone going there though.
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:20 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Monkzum wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
Monkzum wrote:

Yeah the Germans only had colonies outside of Europe from the 1870s to about 1920. Namibia sounds awesome, I've never actually heard of anyone going there though.

Few Americans or British people go there. The main tourists were European, mostly German.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Travel - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Travel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -