Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

The Official Confessions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Sage wrote:
After going to a public school for three weeks now, I am convinced that scene kids are not as bad as some make them out to be. Most of them are quite nice to talk with or sit next to. There's a certain -core kiddie who's pretty obnoxious, but that's it.

Same thing over here with Chavs I would guess. Some of them really aren't bad. Perhaps not the brightest or willing to question things, but certainly not all as bad as they're made out to be.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Sage wrote:
After going to a public school for three weeks now, I am convinced that scene kids are not as bad as some make them out to be. Most of them are quite nice to talk with or sit next to. There's a certain -core kiddie who's pretty obnoxious, but that's it.

wait, you're 15? I always thought you were like 20 scratch
Back to top Go down
Sage
On Parole
On Parole
Sage

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 pm

bleghman wrote:
Sage wrote:

wait, you're 15? I always thought you were like 20 scratch

Yeah, I happen to be 15 and a sophomore in high school. Not only that, but I'm among the youngest in my grade.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:22 am

Music taste doesn't determine a person's personality, if that's what's being suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sage
On Parole
On Parole
Sage

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:06 am

Bidley wrote:
Music taste doesn't determine a person's personality, if that's what's being suggested.

I don't even think they have very questionable tastes. With the exception of the obnoxious -core kiddie in my Spanish class, they're mostly well-meaning kids with weird fashion senses and often with a sense of humor. I'd take it over homeschooled Catholics any day.
Back to top Go down
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:41 am

HEY!!!!! I was a homeschooled Catholic!!!!
Well...., Catholic.
OK, not really.
Look, just forget I even posted OK?

:face:
Back to top Go down
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Abominog wrote:
HEY!!!!! I was a homeschooled Catholic!!!!
Well...., Catholic.
OK, not really.
Look, just forget I even posted OK?

:face:

I'm a Muslim who went to a Catholic elementary/middle school
then I went to an engineering high school
now I'm applying to a Catholic college with a good engineering program
true story
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Sage wrote:

Same thing over here with Chavs I would guess. Some of them really aren't bad. Perhaps not the brightest or willing to question things, but certainly not all as bad as they're made out to be.

That's true, but frankly I probably wouldn't be around long enough to find out lol!
Back to top Go down
turkeyballs
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
turkeyballs

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:47 pm

I have a pretty embarrassing confession.
<.<
>.>
^ I don't know what that means. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kwartin
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Kwartin

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:31 pm

turkeyballs wrote:
<.<
>.>

If it's >.> <.< Then I see it as a shifty eyes sort of thing.

If it's just one, I see it as a scratch without the arm.
Back to top Go down
turkeyballs
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
turkeyballs

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Cool. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Mostafa
Into the Pit
Into the Pit

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:36 pm

turkeyballs wrote:
<.<
>.>

Good thing you asked; I too didnt know what that meant. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Okay here's one that has nothing to do with music. I'm positive that I have undiagnosed social anxiety disorder along with debilitating insecurity issues.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Join the club.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
Join the club.

Hey don't belittle my confession! Razz
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:23 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Okay here's one that has nothing to do with music. I'm positive that I have undiagnosed social anxiety disorder along with debilitating insecurity issues.

Elaborate, dear Geoffrey.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Bidley wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:

Elaborate, dear Geoffrey.

One which part? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder Read the part called "Diagnostic Criteria", it fits me perfectly. As for insecurities, they stem from a lifetime of repressing emotions and avoiding social situations(brought on by the anxiety disorder). The sick thing is I realize all of this but have done nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
turkeyballs
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
turkeyballs

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Reading that, I think I used to have this social anxiety disorder. I think I've "grown out of it", or at least adjusted to my surroundings, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:15 pm

So I nearly posted the new Arkona album.

Fucking "Arcana" Mad

EDIT: On the plus side, Arcana are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
turkeyballs
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
turkeyballs

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Rosalind wrote:

Fucking "Arcana" Mad

Arcana = I love you

Which albums by them have you checked out?
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:23 pm

turkeyballs wrote:
Rosalind wrote:

Fucking "Arcana" Mad

Arcana = I love you

Which albums by them have you checked out?

Just started listening to Raspail. They're on my infinite list of Ambient Darkwave to work through for the special.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:23 pm

turkeyballs wrote:
Reading that, I think I used to have this social anxiety disorder. I think I've "grown out of it", or at least adjusted to my surroundings, though. Very Happy

You probably didn't have it then. It's more likely you just had childhood "shyness", considering you're only 15. I'm 22 and it gets worse everyday, when I was 15 I had little in the way of symptoms.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:26 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
turkeyballs wrote:

You probably didn't have it then. It's more likely you just had childhood "shyness", considering you're only 15. I'm 22 and it gets worse everyday, when I was 15 I had little in the way of symptoms.

Most psychological disorders don't truly manifest until late teens.

But as an aside, you should talk to a psychologist about this.
Back to top Go down
Sign of the Black Mark
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Sign of the Black Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Rosalind wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
turkeyballs wrote:

I'd definitely agree. I was diagnosed with this 3-4 years ago, and I've managed to get it relatively under control with psychological help. At least enough to get an A on my Speech exams.
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Rosalind wrote:
son_ov_hades wrote:
turkeyballs wrote:

I know I should get help, I've known for about two years. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Confessions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -