Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

The Official Confessions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:57 pm

bleghman wrote:
don't try converting people, you'll just make yourself look like an ass
recommend them the big bands when they ask for something, but don't force your bands on them

^^^^^THIS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Adothorr wrote:
bleghman wrote:
recommend them the big bands when they ask for something, but don't force your bands on them
Well he does like metal and I just wanted to try to show him more of the underground. He's the reason I'm into metal so I tried to repay the favor.

wait til the guys gets tired of deathcore
or give him some big death metal band like Obituary or Entombed or something
Back to top Go down
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 pm

bleghman wrote:
Adothorr wrote:
bleghman wrote:
Well he does like metal and I just wanted to try to show him more of the underground. He's the reason I'm into metal so I tried to repay the favor.

wait til the guys gets tired of deathcore
or give him some big death metal band like Obituary or Entombed or something
He's 24 and still into stuff like that. He likes Behemoth and Amon Amarth and a few other big bands like that too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
bleghman
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
bleghman

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Adothorr wrote:
He's 24 and still into stuff like that. He likes Behemoth and Amon Amarth and a few other big bands like that too.

he like Nile?
Back to top Go down
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 pm

bleghman wrote:
Adothorr wrote:

he like Nile?
I don't think he's heard them. I'll show them to him next time he comes up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
Bright_Eyed
On Parole
On Parole
Bright_Eyed

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:33 am

I've been listening to large quantities of nu-metal, trying to find bits of hope in the genre now that it's out of the limelight.

There's not much, but Stone Sour, Drowning Pool, Red, and Deftones are completely listenable, even from an elitist stand.

Also taking rec.s. First to say either Disturbed or Slipknot gets cockslapped. Evil or Very Mad

I will find you.

EDIT: And I'll be looking into Spill Canvas later, so thanks Lashed.

PS: Yeah, I'm going to start the trend or referring to each other by usernames. Catch the bandwagon before it fills up.

Last edited by Bright_Eyed on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:43 am

Disturbed, Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:45 am

Bright_Eyed wrote:
I've been listening to large quantities of nu-metal, trying to find bits of hope in the genre now that it's out of the limelight.

There's not much, but Stone Sour, Drowning Pool, Red, and Deftones are completely listenable, even from an elitist stand.

Also taking rec.s. First to say either Disturbed or Slipknot gets cockslapped. Evil or Very Mad

I will find you.

I agree with the Deftones. I am in fact listening to them as I type this. Mudvayne's first album I find still enjoyable. There are some filler tracks, but they are some talented players (drummer and bassist to be specific) that do some interesting almost progy stuff. Static-X's first album I still enjoy also. Soulfly's Primitive album I like. It has a great duet if you will with Tom Araya and Max. Downer's self titled (and only album) is good. Though I am not sure if that is "nu-metal". I probably have more though I am not totally clear what is and isn't "nu-metal"
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Bright_Eyed wrote:

I will find you.

PS: Yeah, I'm going to start the trend or referring to each other by usernames. Catch the bandwagon before it fills up.

I've always said the Stone Sour debut wasn't bad, though it felt more 'hard rock' compared to the others imo. You're alone on the rest mind Razz
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Korn's debut isn't terrible, nor is MFKR by Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
Korn's debut isn't terrible, nor is MFKR by Slipknot.

I agree with you on Korn. But I prefer the S/T over MFKR.
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:34 pm

I love MFKR.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Bright_Eyed wrote:

I will find you.

A few more.

Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide (not great but a fun Rock/Metal record)
Deadsy - Commencement (Goth/New Wave/Nu Metal) I have all their albums and I like them a lot.
Will Haven - You may like them. they have close ties to the Deftones. I believe they came out of the same scene.
Snot - Don't know much about them but they seemed to have a good fan base.
Sevendust - I know they get a lot of shit, but I think they are a solid rock band. I think their lack of break out success during the nu-metal craze may have actually helped them. They, unlike many of their contemporaries, are still making records and touring.
System of a Down - I love these guy and fuck who ever makes fun of me for it. They make fun and enjoyable records with a message. Something Rage Against the Machine never could do.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Peter

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:20 pm

I think alot of death metal, mostly the really quick, sound very dumb and not "what I think death metal should sound like" at all...

I've never listened to any folk, black, sludge, and gothic metal.

When i was much younger I got into metal through Linkin Park (gay).

Maiden is my favorite band and always will be.

I think "The Red In The Sky Is Ours - At The Gates" is noise (in a negative way)....but then again when i heard first slayer at age 12 i thought they were "noise" too, so it might change.

I have improved (or so I think) from atheistism and liberalism to agnosticism and socialliberalism.

I'm very annoyed that I'm the only one I know off in real life that likes metal.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Peter wrote:

Black Metal
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk or IX Equilibrium
Agalloch - The Mantle (though technically Dark Metal but a great album and may help you transition into BM)
Immortal - Don't like them myself but many do
Ulver - All three BM album are great
Nachtmystium - Assassins: Black Meddle Part 1
Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters

Gothic Metal
Not real great with this genre. Thomas is well versed though. but the one I will give you.
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses (great band an have never had a bad album)

Sludge Very Happy
Crowbar - S/T
Acid Bath - When the kite Strings Pop
Eyehategod - Dopestick
Melvins - Houdini
Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood, Times of Grace, Given to the Rising
Deadbird - The Head and the Heart http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ctjammj2jnm

I f you like any of those don't hesitate to ask around. Thomas is well versed in Goth. Adam L. is well versed in BM, Will, Thomas, Carl, and John C. know Folk, and Dale is knows plenty about Sludge. hope this helped. Smile
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:55 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Bright_Eyed wrote:

I will find you.

A few more.

Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide (not great but a fun Rock/Metal record)
Deadsy - Commencement (Goth/New Wave/Nu Metal) I have all their albums and I like them a lot.
Will Haven - You may like them. they have close ties to the Deftones. I believe they came out of the same scene.
Snot - Don't know much about them but they seemed to have a good fan base.
Sevendust - I know they get a lot of shit, but I think they are a solid rock band. I think their lack of break out success during the nu-metal craze may have actually helped them. They, unlike many of their contemporaries, are still making records and touring.
System of a Down - I love these guy and fuck who ever makes fun of me for it. They make fun and enjoyable records with a message. Something Rage Against the Machine never could do.

I really like SOAD too, I liked Snot for a bit but kind of stopped listening to them.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Monkzum wrote:

I really like SOAD too, I liked Snot for a bit but kind of stopped listening to them.

So you like System of a Down and Slipknots first album? Shocked There go you chances at that elitist status. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Bright_Eyed wrote:

I will find you.

Erm, Taproot? Papa Roach were alright, I still listen to them every now and again for nostalgia purposes. Cold were alright as well, if I remember, and Coal Chamber.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:25 pm

Bright_Eyed wrote:

I will find you.

There also seems to be a rise in the number of nu-metal bands popping up in Japan. I don't really know what they're like in comparison though.
Back to top Go down
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Peter wrote:

Folk:

Are Youtube links annoying? I just love posting them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Peter wrote:

For your typical female fronted gothic metal bands the originals still haven't been topped, so get Theatre of Tragedy's s/t and Mandylion by The Gathering. Virgin Black are some of the best in the genre presently. Also, for some great black metal influenced gothic metal check out early Theatres des Vampires, Lord Vampyr, and Shadowsreign. Oh, and of course there's Moonspell. Their early stuff is black metal and their more recent stuff is going back in that direction, but they've never released a bad album.
Back to top Go down
Monkzum
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
Monkzum

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:56 am

AarO)))n wrote:
Monkzum wrote:

So you like System of a Down and Slipknots first album? Shocked There go you chances at that elitist status. Razz

System of a Down are a good band, I don't even get why they're put under nu metal, they're just a hard rock band. They sound nothing like normal nu metal bands except for occasional riffs. I don't actually have any of their albums. I downloaded a bunch of my favorite songs from them off Itunes before I got into metal. I've got bits from pretty much all albums. I think they're a fun, interesting and enjoyable band.

Slipknot's first album was underground anyway tongue I don't care, i'm rubbish at elitism anyway :elephant: I think it's an awesome album, experimental and overall well done.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:10 am

Monkzum wrote:
AarO)))n wrote:
Monkzum wrote:

System of a Down are a good band, I don't even get why they're put under nu metal, they're just a hard rock band. They sound nothing like normal nu metal bands except for occasional riffs. I don't actually have any of their albums. I downloaded a bunch of my favorite songs from them off Itunes before I got into metal. I've got bits from pretty much all albums. I think they're a fun, interesting and enjoyable band.

Slipknot's first album was underground anyway tongue I don't care, i'm rubbish at elitism anyway :elephant: I think it's an awesome album, experimental and overall well done.

I agree with you on System. This is once again the failure of sub -genres. They are placed there because of when they came out. They came out the same time as the Limp Bizquicks and Static X. Even though their music has far more substance to it. Their album are good. Toxicity is a great album.
Back to top Go down
Sage
On Parole
On Parole
Sage

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:49 pm

After going to a public school for three weeks now, I am convinced that scene kids are not as bad as some make them out to be. Most of them are quite nice to talk with or sit next to. There's a certain -core kiddie who's pretty obnoxious, but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:58 pm

It depends. Middle school and early high school scene kids are fucking intolerable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Confessions Thread   The Official Confessions Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Confessions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -