Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

What needs to be done?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

What needs to be done? - Page 8 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Suggestion: If someone posts a 5000 word essay, don't quote the whole thing when replying. Taking images out of a quote would also be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Ahmedeus wrote:
Suggestion: If someone posts a 5000 word essay, don't quote the whole thing when replying. Taking images out of a quote would also be a good idea.

Thats a bit difficult to administer from a tech PoV Razz

In the forum features thread I've added the html code so you can resize your photo's when you post them. Its a little lengthier than the standard [.img] tags but can come in handy.
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
truewalrus
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
truewalrus

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Ah, ok. I've spotted the issue. This is an intentional change i've implemented. To prevent newcomers getting butthurt and neg repping everyone who tells them Slipknot aren't Death Metal, I set a post cap. When you hit 25 posts it'll magically return.

Ah, ok then. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/truewalrus
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm

New releases moved to the "News" forum. In truth, Im not sure why it was under Metal Discussion to begin with Neutral

*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Ahmedeus wrote:

Thats a bit difficult to administer from a tech PoV Razz

In the forum features thread I've added the html code so you can resize your photo's when you post them. Its a little lengthier than the standard [.img] tags but can come in handy.

Oh I know, I was just reminding everyone. Perhaps not the best thread to do it in. I wasn't aware of image resizing. That's a great idea, dunno if I'll know how to work it though.
Back to top Go down
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:58 pm

The reply box at the bottom of the page is dodgy. It suddenly loads up the 'Post a reply' page whenever I insert an emoticon, wiping whatever I had typed. confused
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Neon_Knight_ wrote:
The reply box at the bottom of the page is dodgy. It suddenly loads up the 'Post a reply' page whenever I insert an emoticon, wiping whatever I had typed. confused

Does the same to me. I just use the reply button on the very bottom every time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:08 pm

*blinks*

Why is it that I get none of these issues? Razz

Watch

Arrow :cat: affraid :bball:

Nada.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Kamikaze

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Is there anyway to make it so topic titles can be shorter than 10 characters?
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Changed to 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Is there an album request thread? If not could we sticky it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 am

Silchias Ruin wrote:
Is there an album request thread? If not could we sticky it somewhere.

Make one and it shall be stickied.
Back to top Go down
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Neon_Knight_ wrote:

Same. If I type up something long and accidentally insert an smiley, it goes to the next page and everything gets erased.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Ahmedeus wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

Same. If I type up something long and accidentally insert an smiley, it goes to the next page and everything gets erased.

I does the same for me. I always use the "post reply" button in the bottom left corner. I never have a problem with that. See Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:37 pm

Ahmedeus wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

Server-side bug. Its odd as it only affects a minority of users, but apparently its one of those things thats being worked on to fix. All I can suggest is whacking the post reply button and not use the quick reply box.
Back to top Go down
Neon_Knight_
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Neon_Knight_

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Rosalind wrote:
Ahmedeus wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

Server-side bug. Its odd as it only affects a minority of users, but apparently its one of those things thats being worked on to fix. All I can suggest is whacking the post reply button and not use the quick reply box.

Yeh it's really not a big deal, was just rather frustrating when my posts got wiped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Neon_Knight_ wrote:
Rosalind wrote:
Ahmedeus wrote:
Neon_Knight_ wrote:

Yeh it's really not a big deal, was just rather frustrating when my posts got wiped.

I tend to write me responses in a Word document and then copy and paste when I have problems like this, just a suggestion so that you don't lose any long responses that you may be writing.
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:09 pm

There oughta be a 'facepalm' emoticon.
Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
turkeyballs
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
turkeyballs

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Why was the Official News Thread moved into the Thread Abyss?
Back to top Go down
Bidley
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Bidley

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:00 pm

turkeyballs wrote:

Is the entire Music News section not enough?!
Back to top Go down
turkeyballs
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
turkeyballs

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Bidley wrote:
turkeyballs wrote:

Is the entire Music News section not enough?!

Good point. >.<
Back to top Go down
Mantooth901
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Mantooth901

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Can we get some sort of notifying system, so we know when someone has commented on your comment?
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Mantooth901 wrote:
Can we get some sort of notifying system, so we know when someone has commented on your comment?

It does. It sends you an e-mail.
Back to top Go down
Mantooth901
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Mantooth901

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:38 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Mantooth901 wrote:

It does. It sends you an e-mail.
SINCE WHEN!?
Back to top Go down
Mantooth901
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
Mantooth901

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:43 pm

I also have a question, how do you get more points than the amount of your posts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What needs to be done?   What needs to be done? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What needs to be done?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: News :: Ideas and Suggestions -