Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD Vide
PostSubject: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:47 am

I am!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

So, what predictions do any of you fans have for the upcoming season?
Who's going to take it all?
Who's going to surprise?
Who's going to fall from grace?

GO!!
Back to top Go down
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:58 am

Abominog wrote:
I am!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Who's going to surprise?

GO!!
THE BEARS SUCK!!! GO PACK!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:07 am

Quote :
THE BEARS SUCK!!! GO PACK!

They do scare me, but I'm counting on a sophomore slump from Rodgers as starter, and a slow transition from their defense to the 3/4.

So, PACK SUCKS, GO BEARS!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Foreign Policy
On Parole
On Parole
Foreign Policy

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:01 am

Go Seahawks & Jets !!!! FUCK THE RAIDERS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:19 am

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

and as far as the NFC's concerned: DA BEARS!
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:44 am

Giants all the way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:44 am

Abominog wrote:
I am!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Who's going to surprise?

GO!!

Oh fuck we let Bears fans in this group. Go Packers.

All though feel free to beat up on the Vikings/Favre (read: Douchebag)
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:45 am

WIN LOSE OR TIE RAIDERS TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900 "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD 338900
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 am

Steelers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 pm

OK, while we are establishing who's a fan of who, we haven't been addressing any of the questions I asked. Where's the discussion guys?
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:52 pm

AFC

AFC West
While I would LOVE To pick my RAIDERS, I feel I can not. Though this year the AFC west is going to be a very weak division so there are no promises (except that the chefs chargeless and broncho's all suck:P). My money goes with the charless pulling it out and the chefs in last place. The RAIDERS and bronho's fighting for second and third.

AFC East
Well you have to go with the partrirats(Patriots) here. A heathly Tom (tuck) Brady and and Candy (I quit on the RAIDERS) Moss, is a leathal combo. Add to that Wes Welker and it gets worse. Their defense is were they are weakest. Though they are getting younger and if it comes to a shoot out They will have it covered. Besides they can always use the tapes and cheat their way to victory Razz The Dolphins will contend. But the Wildcat is no long something that will surprise team and Chad does not have a strong arm. Look for them to run A LOT. The jets will be improved on defense. But if they are to start a rookie at QB they will not fare that well.

AFC North
The only real competition in this division is the Immaculate DEception Steelers and Pleases don't murder me Ray Lewis Ravens. The Browns may improve with Quinn at QB, but they still have ways to go. The Bunglles (Bengals) are hurt with the loss of T.J. Who'syourmama (Houshmandzadeh). It now put's everything on the shoulders of Chad Ocho-Cinco. But with a healthy Palmer they may make a run for third. The games between the Steelers and ravens will be MUST WATCH TELEVISION!

AFC South
The Titans won this division last year and show no signs of giving it up. This will depend on if Collins can stay healthy. He is not getting any young and Vince Young is not getting any saner Razz. The Colts will give them some competition (this is not news Razz) and look for the Jags to improve this year. With a healthy O-Line and MJD running the ball full-time. The Texans..., well they are the Texans Razz Though i do expect if there QB can stay heathy and up-right they may be a surprise team in the AFC. Though that has been said about them for many season and they seem to faulter at the end every time.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Abominog wrote:
OK, while we are establishing who's a fan of who, we haven't been addressing any of the questions I asked. Where's the discussion guys?

I will have my NFC predictions up later. Am I answering the questions now? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ahmedeus
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Ahmedeus

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:45 pm

You mean, "Are you ready for some Handegg?"

Football isn't actually football. First of all, it isn't a "ball". Second, you carry it in your hand most of the game. So it's Handegg. Soccer is football.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Ahmedeus wrote:
You mean, "Are you ready for some Handegg?"

Football isn't actually football. First of all, it isn't a "ball". Second, you carry it in your hand most of the game. So it's Handegg. Soccer is football.

If soccer is football than why did you call it soccer? Razz
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:53 pm

[quote="Ahmedeus"]You mean, "Are you ready for some Handegg?"

Football isn't actually football. First of all, it isn't a "ball". Second, you carry it in your hand most of the game. So it's Handegg. Soccer is football.[/quote]

GTFO
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:59 am

I couldn't really care about the divisions until playoff time, but here are some general predictions.

My Steelers will have a couple of rough spots but will still have a very healthy season, making it at very least to divisional playoffs.

The Chargers will have a decent season, either making it to divisional or wild-card, but either way they'll lose their first playoff game.

The Dolphins will continue to improve, they're on the right track. I don't like Chad Pennington though, his name reminds me too much of Chester Bennington.

I'm expecting the Bears to have a roughly half-and-half season - 8-8 or 9-7. Lot of rebuilding to do there.

The Patriots will be really heavily watched but at most, 13-3. This won't be another '07 for them.

The Cardinals will have a great season, expect them to be contenders. Kurt's getting older but fuck, he's just getting better.

The Browns... fuck, idk. We'll see where they go with that.

Favre'll play like he has for the past 72 years - pretty good for the majority of the year but towards the end he'll start slipping. I actually am intrigued in their idea of "switching off" the starting QBs, but the other two guys they have (I don't even remember their names) aren't exactly December material.

Michael Vick will apologize but still be hated, and then America will hate him and Aaron becomes a bad soldier. Razz

Continuing threats - Eagles, Steelers, Patriots, Colts

Teams to watch - Falcons, Browns, Jets, Cardinals

Teams that won't do so well despite expectations - Packers, Cowboys, Bears, Vikings

Major Criminal Controversy - Rather than guns, I'm gonna have to bet on a drug scandal this year actually. It's been a while.

Super Bowl Winner - Detroit Lions Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 am

NFFAIL.

Sorry, had to be said. :bball:

Last edited by The Thrasher on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 am

Nautilus wrote:

Michael Vick will apologize but still be hated, and then America will hate him and Aaron becomes a bad soldier. Razz

There should be about 3 people that will even have the slightest clue what you mean. Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
Pastor of Muppets
On Parole
On Parole
Pastor of Muppets

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:52 pm

son_ov_hades wrote:
Giants all the way!

HELLZ YEAH

G-MEN ALL THE WAY!
Back to top Go down
ThePitGoddess
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
ThePitGoddess

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Aw man, I miss having time to watch football.

I used to pwn my fantasy leagues every year and follow my bucs all over Smile
sometimes i'd jsut watch football all day.

college had murdered that luxury Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Accolade
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The_Accolade

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Yeah St. Louis!!!!..... Oh wait, they still suck. Pats Vs. Rams in the superbowl was brutal for me, every single person in my family unhealthily loves the pats, except me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ftmband.com/
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm really feeling confident about the Packers this year. The starters dominated during the preseason and probably had more takeaways than any other team or at least close.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:39 pm

The Patriots will crush you all.
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Adothorr wrote:
I'm really feeling confident about the Packers this year. The starters dominated during the preseason and probably had more takeaways than any other team or at least close.

They will definitely improve. Rodgers got one more year under his belt and finished last year looking good. The defense is where they struggled. If they can bring that together, they will be force to be reckoned with. To bad the rest of your division got better this off-season also. Well except the Lions. Razz
Back to top Go down
Foreign Policy
On Parole
On Parole
Foreign Policy

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Will see Aaron cause sanchez looked good in the pre-season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD Empty

Back to top Go down

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11 Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -