Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 Vide
PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Peter wrote:
Me being a european and having some sense, isn't your fandom(is that even a word ?) based on where you were born/live ?
More or less. Where I live, we're hundreds of miles from the nearest major professional franchise (in any sport), so you've got a mixed fan population, so to speak. In football it's a three-way split between the Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, and Minnesota Vikings. In baseball it's a split between the Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals (and a smaller minority of Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins fans). I generally root for two teams; a Midwest team and an Ohio team, since my mom's from Illinois and my dad's from Ohio.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

A Lawn Mower wrote:
I was just saying that if winning a superbowl would garentee a retirement out of the man and he just signed a one-day contract with the packers then I would have actually cheered for him to win no matter how much I hate the viqueens. I still don't know though if I am actually happy about the outcome of the NFC championship though becuse no matter how much it pisses me off that Favre actually signed a contract to play for the viqueens, I still to some degree or another like worship the man... its a weird clusterfuck of emotions...

I imagine it would be. Free Agency changed everything. Now as a fan I root for the team and the colors. Not for the players. There are players I like and love having on my team. But I know in the end if a better offer comes they will be gone.

I am glad the viqueens(LOVE THAT!!!!) lost, because balance was brought back into the league if you will. It showed to players and and teams. That one player can't do it all. That football, more than any other sport, is truly a team sport. That to sell it all out for one player, even as good as Favre is, is not always worth it. I mean think how far back this could set the franchise if he does not come back? Is Tavaris Jackson the answer? If not can they afford a free agent QB? Will they have to draft one? If so how long will it take to get him ready? Will the rest of the team still be around?

In the end. To viqueens fans and all fans of any sport. Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it. The viqueens got the Favre that has plagued Green Bay for some time. Throwing interceptions at the worst time(NFC Championship against the Giants and others). I know that didn't lose the game for them. But it hurt them and it was vintage Favre. I think the viqueens got exactly what they deserved. In the end it will be better for them. I mean would you want your first Super Bowl victory to come from the QB play of your most hated rival? I know I would not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Peter wrote:
Me being a european and having some sense, isn't your fandom(is that even a word ?) based on where you were born/live ?

It should in theory, but not always. I'm a New York Giants fan for football, but the New York Jets play at the same stadium(which is in New Jersey, not New York lol) and I don't root for them so who knows. For Hockey, I'm a New York Rangers fan rather than a New Jersey Devils fan and I live in New Jersey.
Back to top Go down
A Lawn Mower
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
A Lawn Mower

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Well, I mean if Favre went to the Bears it would be a whole different story... in fact, he probably would have gotten shot, but besides the point. The viqueens (can't say I coined that, its a packer nation thing) need favre or someone besides t.jack to be able to even compete in the nfc north next year and thats for sure. I just am keeping my fingers crossed that favre either hangs up the jersey or plays somewhere other than the NFC north (or the NFC for that matter) though who knows on that front... I guess we should look forward to hearing about it 24/7 as soon as the draft is done Hanged
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm/Carmalain7, https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:17 pm

A Lawn Mower wrote:
I guess we should look forward to hearing about it 24/7 as soon as the draft is done Hanged

Draft is done? How about now.

Here We Go Again: Favre Watch Begins
It is going to be long off-season. "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 147871 Hanged
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Draft is done? How about now.

Here We Go Again: Favre Watch Begins
It is going to be long off-season. "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 147871 Hanged
You've gotta be shittin' me "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 147871
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:48 pm

SUCK IT PEYTON MANNING! SAINTS! SAINTS! SAINTS! SAINTS!
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:54 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
SUCK IT PEYTON MANNING! SAINTS! SAINTS! SAINTS! SAINTS!

Don't pull a muscle as you get on the band wagon.
Back to top Go down
LegionOvDoom
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
LegionOvDoom

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:00 pm

No. I'm not on the bandwagon. I was pulling for these guys. They deserve it. I still love the Patriots. So, suck it, Aaron. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://tonsotunes.blogspot.com/
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 12:20 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
No. I'm not on the bandwagon. I was pulling for these guys. They deserve it. I still love the Patriots. So, suck it, Aaron. :-)

How do they deserve it anymore than the Colts? Both teams put in the same amount of work and had to beat the same amount of teams to get there.
Back to top Go down
A Lawn Mower
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
A Lawn Mower

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 1:01 pm

<-- agrees with Aaron
Back to top Go down
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:59 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:

How do they deserve it anymore than the Colts? Both teams put in the same amount of work and had to beat the same amount of teams to get there.

While they both deserve it equally I was rooting for the Saints since the Colts won it just a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:56 pm

So what do you think about Free agency so far? I'm really worried about the Jets getting Cromartie.Having him and Revis in the secondary is pretty ridiculous. Baltimore should also be really improved after getting Boldin.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:40 am

The Gozzfather wrote:
So what do you think about Free agency so far? I'm really worried about the Jets getting Cromartie.Having him and Revis in the secondary is pretty ridiculous. Baltimore should also be really improved after getting Boldin.

Cromartie is good but gets burned from time to time. Lets see if Revis can keep it up next year. Boldin should help. But Flaco has to improve from where he left of last year. He started good, but had a pretty big drop off.
Back to top Go down
A Lawn Mower
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
A Lawn Mower

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:54 am

The Gozzfather wrote:

Problem with Cromartie is that he gets beat on the double move way too often and so, with recievers knowing this as well as Cromartie knowing this, he tends to get beat on the hook routes when he shades too deep knowing its a good down for a double move. Whats really going to help him out is going to be not marking the #1 reciever though, that should help alot. The Jets are going to be a fun team to watch again next year Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -