Lifer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesMusic Review BlogMovie Review BlogRegisterLog in

Share  | 

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Foreign Policy wrote:
Will see Aaron cause sanchez looked good in the pre-season

Agreed. But defense's only play simple man to man and simple cover two in pre-season. When the season starts he is going to see all types of variations on those defensive schemes. Let see how he does then. Matt Ryan and Ben Rothlesburger are the exceptions to the rule, not the norm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/musickfreeck
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:04 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Adothorr wrote:
I'm really feeling confident about the Packers this year. The starters dominated during the preseason and probably had more takeaways than any other team or at least close.

They will definitely improve. Rodgers got one more year under his belt and finished last year looking good. The defense is where they struggled. If they can bring that together, they will be force to be reckoned with. To bad the rest of your division got better this off-season also. Well except the Lions. Razz
As long as Woodson and Harris stay healthy we should have a great pass D. The 3-4 and BJ Raji will really help stop the running game. We have alot of big bodies to plug up the middle and talented linebackers. Harris and Woodson are great tacklers for corners too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/adothorr
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Adothorr wrote:

They will definitely improve. Rodgers got one more year under his belt and finished last year looking good. The defense is where they struggled. If they can bring that together, they will be force to be reckoned with. To bad the rest of your division got better this off-season also. Well except the Lions. Razz
As long as Woodson and Harris stay healthy we should have a great pass D. The 3-4 and BJ Raji will really help stop the running game. We have alot of big bodies to plug up the middle and talented linebackers. Harris and Woodson are great tacklers for corners too.[/quote]

Woodson's health issues are well known to this RAIDER fan. When he is healthy is one of the best. Harrison is good, but tends to get burned a lot. But if the linebacker's do there job he should be fine. A.J. Hawk is a BEAST.
Back to top Go down
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:15 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Adothorr wrote:

As long as Woodson and Harris stay healthy we should have a great pass D. The 3-4 and BJ Raji will really help stop the running game. We have alot of big bodies to plug up the middle and talented linebackers. Harris and Woodson are great tacklers for corners too.

Woodson's health issues are well known to this RAIDER fan. When he is healthy is one of the best. Harrison is good, but tends to get burned a lot. But if the linebacker's do there job he should be fine. A.J. Hawk is a BEAST.[/quote]
Harris gets burned because he plays press coverage almost every single play and is bound to get beat every once in a while. I'm hoping Kampman moving to OLB will get him to have a DeMarcus Ware type season. Barnett and can hopeully stay healthy too. There's alot of talent on our defense but also alot of injury prone players.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Quote :
Harris gets burned because he plays press coverage almost every single play and is bound to get beat every once in a while. I'm hoping Kampman moving to OLB will get him to have a DeMarcus Ware type season. Barnett and can hopeully stay healthy too. There's alot of talent on our defense but also alot of injury prone players.

I agree. You guys have a lot of young talent mixed with some veterans. Be happy that you have what is looking like franchise QB. Wish I could say the same thing. Crying or Very sad Mad
Back to top Go down
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:22 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Quote :

I agree. You guys have a lot of young talent mixed with some veterans. Be happy that you have what is looking like franchise QB. Wish I could say the same thing. Crying or Very sad Mad
XD I would hate to be a Raiders fan hahaha. We get lucky with Rodgers falling all the way down after he could've been the #1 pick. I'm pretty sure getting the chance to get used to the NFL and learning from Favre made him the QB that he is today. He has alot of Favre-esque moments.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Adothorr wrote:
AarO)))n wrote:
Quote :

XD I would hate to be a Raiders fan hahaha. We get lucky with Rodgers falling all the way down after he could've been the #1 pick. I'm pretty sure getting the chance to get used to the NFL and learning from Favre made him the QB that he is today. He has alot of Favre-esque moments.

Oh I am not sure about that. He has yet to throw HUGE interceptions in a playoff game. Razz
Back to top Go down
Adothorr
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
Adothorr

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:29 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Adothorr wrote:
AarO)))n wrote:
Quote :

Oh I am not sure about that. He has yet to throw HUGE interceptions in a playoff game. Razz
Ugh...don't even start with that. I can't stand Favre now though. Last year was the first Packer game I had ever seen without Favre starting. That just made it so much worse to me.
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:51 pm

LegionOvDoom wrote:
The Patriots will crush you all.

Bandwagoner. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Nautilus wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:

Bandwagoner. Razz
Says the Steelers fan Razz
Back to top Go down
Nautilus
Mantooth
Mantooth
Nautilus

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:41 pm

Ziegenbartami wrote:
Nautilus wrote:
LegionOvDoom wrote:

Bandwagoner. Razz
Says the Steelers fan Razz

Hey, no fair. Razz

Nah, my first memory of football, like, ever was Super Bowl XXX with the Cowboys vs. the Steelers. Ever since then they've been my two favorite teams. Even though the Cowboys haven't been good in foreeeeeeever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/iwokeuptoday
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Looks like the Madden curse strikes again. Look out Larry Fitzgerald.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/10/polamalu.knee.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:42 am

AarO)))n wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/10/polamalu.knee.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl Twisted Evil
That makes this Browns fan very happy Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:55 am

Why don' t the 49ers cheerleaders wear skirts.......... BECAUSE THEIR BALLS KEEP FALLING OUT
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
The Gozzfather
Mantooth
Mantooth
The Gozzfather

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:22 pm

THE TEAM FROM MY GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION WILL DEFEAT THE TEAM FROM YOUR GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION! HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Zombie Abortion
The Philosopher
The Philosopher
Zombie Abortion

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:24 am

AarO)))n wrote:
Looks like the Madden curse strikes again. Look out Larry Fitzgerald.

The Madden Curse has already begun, all that's left is Larry Fitzgerald. Anyways I'm hoping my Eagles will have a decent season, although Micahel Vick may be a bit of a distraction towards the team. I can only hope something like this doesn't happen again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xla_RWgfNTg
Back to top Go down
The Thrasher
Into the Pit
Into the Pit
The Thrasher

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:20 am

I like how everyone ignored my post. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:47 am

The Thrasher wrote:

That's because if this was FB Lifer, it would have been marked irrelevant or deleted outright. This is the NFL thread, not the "I don't like the NFL thread".

Today's the BIG day!!!! Will the Bears show who's boss? Were the Fins a flash in the pan? Are the Raiders still the worst team in the league(OK, there was the Lions)? Are the Patriots and Pack overrated?
Today begins the journey to answer these questions. WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ziegenbartami
Mantooth
Mantooth
Ziegenbartami

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:50 am

Abominog wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:

That's because if this was FB Lifer, it would have been marked irrelevant or deleted outright. This is the NFL thread, not the "I don't like the NFL thread".

Today's the BIG day!!!! Will the Bears show who's boss? Were the Fins a flash in the pan? Are the Raiders still the worst team in the league(OK, there was the Lions)? Are the Patriots and Pack overrated?
The Patriots and Packers are *ALWAYS* overrated Razz
Back to top Go down
son_ov_hades
Towards the Pantheon
Towards the Pantheon
son_ov_hades

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:52 am

[quote="Abominog"][quote="The Thrasher"]I like how everyone ignored my post. Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Today begins the journey to answer these questions. WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!!!![/quote]

The only one I'm concerned with the fucking Giants.
Back to top Go down
Rosalind
Caretaker of Chaos
Caretaker of Chaos
Rosalind

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:23 am

son_ov_hades wrote:
Abominog wrote:
The Thrasher wrote:

The only one I'm concerned with the fucking Giants.

Pffft, the Giants you can see coming. The midgets on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
http://lifer.heavenforum.com
ThePitGoddess
Overlord of Pain
Overlord of Pain
ThePitGoddess

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:24 am

Go bucs!

I need to pay attention in the offseason!

Half the team I liked is gone!
grrr
Back to top Go down
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:02 pm

ThePitGoddess wrote:
Go bucs!

I need to pay attention in the offseason!

Half the team I liked is gone!
grrr

Your in for a ton of heartbreak I'm afraid. Shitty team this year.
Back to top Go down
AarO)))n
Hellbent for Lifer
Hellbent for Lifer
AarO)))n

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Abominog wrote:
Are the Raiders still the worst team in the league(OK, there was the Lions)?

There was also the Rams, chiefs, Seahawks, Browns, and Bengals. All (but the Browns who traded their pick to the Jets) picked in the draft before the RAIDERS. So I guess that answers you question if the RAIDERS were or are the worst team.
Back to top Go down
Abominog
Facilitator of Fury
Facilitator of Fury
Abominog

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:45 pm

AarO)))n wrote:
Abominog wrote:
Are the Raiders still the worst team in the league(OK, there was the Lions)?

There was also the Rams, chiefs, Seahawks, Browns, and Bengals. All (but the Browns who traded their pick to the Jets) picked in the draft before the RAIDERS. So I guess that answers you question if the RAIDERS were or are the worst team.

Might want to compare schedules there Chico!! Very Happy

But yeah, that was an intentional dig at ya!! Razz

This year? Hard to pick a team that will be worse. The Bucs, maybe the Rams again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD   "Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!?!?!?" - THE NFL THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lifer :: General :: General Discussion -